Re: Zone 12 - 1 meter photos

  • gnuarm
    Message 1 of 57 , Apr 16 12:14 AM
      Jerry,

      Here are the southern most regions of zone 12. The first four are 625 rows each or about 10 GB. The last region will be a little smaller. I have not double checked the last region, so please inspect the boundaries after downloading.

      Rick

      Region=4
      Format=UTM
      12 232400 4100100
      12 767600 4100100
      12 771350 3975100
      12 228600 3975100

      Region=4
      Format=UTM
      12 228600 3975100
      12 771350 3975100
      12 775100 3850100
      12 224800 3850100

      Region=4
      Format=UTM
      12 224800 3850100
      12 775100 3850100
      12 778850 3725100
      12 221000 3725100

      Region=4
      Format=UTM
      12 221000 3725100
      12 778850 3725100
      12 782600 3600100
      12 217200 3600100

      Region=7
      Format=UTM
      12 217200 3600100
      12 782600 3600100
      12 784500 3516100
      12 776900 3515900
      12 767900 3467100
      12 475900 3463900
      12 216700 3564700
    • Jerry Sullivan
      Message 57 of 57 , Apr 21 8:38 AM
        Colleagues,

        All data has been downloaded and verified for zone 12, and I have
        started to burn DVDs of it. Each
        DVD will contain around 430-440 files depending on individual sizes, and
        4 have been burned.
        I cannot find any areas of missing data that allow a manual download, so
        it is what it is.

        For any others using this method, here is how I do it.

        Under the USAPM data directory I created a series of sub-directories,
        called burn01, burn02, burn03,
        etc. Eventually there will be on the order of 40 of them and I have
        created 20 to this point. Since
        I have no real use for all the data in the zone, and have checked it for
        completeness, I am now moving
        blocks of files, sequentially, into the sub-directories. Although the
        capacity of a DVD is 4.7G, the
        actual capacity is more like 4.5G, so I keep my total count to this
        level. Doing it this way, also
        eliminates the need for overlapping data as one can check the last file
        on one burn, and the first file
        on the next burn should be the next file. I have so far burned 4 DVDs
        and these are named:

        USAPM01, USAPM02, etc. and on each one is the corresponding burn01,
        burn02, etc. directory
        containing the individual files. I do a burn/verify which takes about
        15 minutes total per disk
        and so the total time is around 10 hours, but it will be spread out over
        the next week or two.
        After a directory is burned, I change the name to burn01_burned, etc.
        This way I can keep track
        and I may copy these directories to the external drive as well so that
        if I get a E-mail from Rick
        saying he could not read "burn08", I can easily reburn that particular DVD.

        This zone produced approximately 18,600 files.

        J. H. Sullivan