Re: Fwd: A note from Bill Frist

  • Field of Dreams Today
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2003
      JohnHGrahamII@... wrote:

      > ATTACHMENT part 2 message/rfc822
      Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 15:22:29 -0500
      From: "Senator Bill Frist at Volpac.org"
      To: johnhgrahamii@...
      Subject: A note from Bill Frist

      Hope your Thanksgiving holidays were uplifting. We all have much to be thankful for. Our families, our friends, the memories of loved ones. Karyn and I and the boys had 37 members of our family, including her Mom, from Ft Worth to Thanksgiving dinner at our home in Nashville. We have been blessed with a large family and most of the stories centered on the strong values of my parents who raised all 5 children in the house on Bowling that Karyn and I now own.

      Over the weekend the boys and I spent time in the glorious outdoors hunting with my good friend Steve Smith and his two sons. The ducks were really flying. Bought new waders after two hours of unnecessary exposure to right foot because of persistent leak in the old ones!!!

      Last week was an important one for seniors, baby-boomers, the President, and our Congress. After 7 years we passed a Republican-led Medicare and Prescription drug bill. It is loaded with conservative, pro-market, private enterprise principles such as personalized Medical Savings Accounts available for the first time ever to all Americans, cost containment through true competition based on quality and cost, means testing and income relating premiums, indexing deductibles, individual responsibility with responsible co-payments throughout, e-prescribing, reimbursement to hospitals based for the first time on quality, preventive medicine, and of course help with prescription drugs which can prevent heart attacks or strokes from happening in the first place. Promises made, promises kept.

      We still need to break the democrat-led filibuster on Energy. We must decrease our absolute dependence on foreign oil. Let me know your thoughts on this. We have 58 votes in favor ... So need 2 more to break the filibuster.

      After the first of the year, we will focus on energy, the highway bill, welfare reform, and class action lawsuit reform. Follow the progress on class action ... We must defang the trial lawyers. I think we can also make progress on asbestos reform which is badly needed.

      We will continue to fight against the unprecedented partisan filibuster of judges following our 2 day around the clock effort 3 weeks ago. A minority in the Senate should NOT use the filibuster to deny the majority their Constitutional responsibility to give "advice and consent" on judicial nominees.

      The economy is picking up. The jobs agenda we passed this year in the Senate is working. Our tax cuts provided just the right stimulus.
      In February I will be leading a bipartisan delegation to Montgomery, Alabama, to study the history of civil rights in our nation.

      Our prayers remain with the President and our troops in Iraq and indeed around the world. They fight for the freedom of you and me and our children.

      Well, enough rambling for now. Thank you for supporting America.

      Bill Frist

      To visit our website, please copy and paste this link:
      http://www.server22.net/resp2/ca/-7109326945752478417/co/536789/linkId/6782770769897039919
      [input]
      VOLPAC is committed to protecting the privacy and security of visitors to our website. Outlined below is our online privacy policy for information collected through our website and e-mail lists. If you have questions about these policies, please contact us by email at dperkerson@... or by phone at 615-386-0045.

      With the exception of materials required to be disclosed by the Federal Election Campaign Act and accompanying regulations, we do not share or otherwise disclose any personal information, including your name, address, or e-mail addresses with other organizations. Only VOLPAC staff and our authorized agents have access to personally identifiable information provided by visitors to our site. Occasionally, we may ask a Republican campaign or state party to communicate with our e-mail activists on topics of breaking news we think would be of interest to you.

      If you do not wish to receive future e-mails from this sender, please copy and paste this link:
      http://www.server22.net/resp2/ca/-7109326945752478417/co/536789/oo/true

      ~ "God Bless America" ~ HAPPY HOLIDAYS ~ That's my Field of Dreams ~ Voice Mail ~ 800-699-2466 Box number Baseball1 (2273225501) ~ Email Fax 775-640-8525 ~ John@... -http://OKLetsRoll.US ~ Chief Officer of Election ~ Commonwealth of Virginia ~ Notary Public ~ "Sic Semper Tyrannis" ~ "Ne Oublie" ~ Let's Roll!! ~

    • Field of Dreams Today
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2003