Kilgore Campaign Update: 61 DAYS

  • God Bless The U.S.A.
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2005
      Andrew Vehorn <andrew@...> wrote:

      v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }

      KILGORE CAMPAIGN UPDATE

      September 8th (AKA 61 DAYS)

      Y’all have done an amazing job to this point in what you have been able to accomplish. I hear from people all the time talking about how unprecedented our voter contact operation is, which is great. At the same time though, our opponent has employed 99 people to do nothing but knock on doors and call people; however, that is NOT how we operate. Instead we recruit the volunteers and give them the onus of the campaign. We lead walks, not walk alone. We make calls, with volunteers surrounding us doing the same. We collectively have attempted to reach out to 44,186 voters throughout Virginia, and that was just last week! However, we are barely making our goals each week. Now is the time to come out and help. Every day we are not volunteering at a phone bank, is a day that the Kaine campaign is getting a free pass; they are talking to voters while we are not and getting a leg up.

      Keep in mind every week that we increase our capacity is a new record we have broken in Virginia politics. Our campaign is a grassroots campaign. Unlike Kaine we do not pay for our “volunteers.” For those of you who have already volunteered your time, thanks again. For those of you who want to join this massive grassroots effort we look forward to meeting you at one of our phone banks, walks, or events. We have heard from many of you that you will help out "after Labor Day." Well it's now officially after Labor Day, and we need YOUR HELP!!!

      *****Volunteer Opportunities*****

      We know many of you have already given up much of your time to this campaign; nevertheless, we still need the help of others in order to combat Kaine. There are only 61 days until the election!! We have many volunteer opportunities coming up this week and I really encourage you to attend one or two events, the difference you and your family can make is immeasurable! Feel free to bring friends as well! Of course, if you can’t attend one of these opportunities, you can always contact Andrew Vehorn at 804-640-3921 or Tim Miller at 202-550-9265 to find out how you can help.

      COMING UP

      SATURDAY

      DELEGATE ROB BELL/ JERRY KILGORE WALK IN ALBEMARLE COUNTY

      Thank you for all your help! Because of supporters like you, this campaign was able to reach our goals for canvassing this summer.

      In response to all our hard work, my opponent's campaign has upped the ante -- and will be going canvassing every day. I can't compete with them by myself, but I can with your generous help.

      Time is running out. There are only 9 Saturdays left until Election Day. I need your help to overcome whatever manpower the Deaniacs are providing my opponent.

      This Saturday (September 10th) we'll go door knocking off of Route 250, west of town. We're meeting at the Golden Corral at 10 a.m. -- right after the ACRC breakfast. The weather is supposed to stay nice for this weekend so I hope you can make it out.

      If anyone would like to come but needs a ride, please contact Mick at RobBell2005@... or (434) 296-8956.

      PETERSBURG REPUBLICAN COMMITTEE NEIGHBORHOOD CANVAS

      Hello Everyone!

      The Petersburg GOP will continue canvassing for Jerry Kilgore this Saturday, September 10th. We need volunteers from 9:45 - 12:00 to walk door-to-door or make phone calls to identify supporters for the Kilgore campaign. This initiative will take place at Linas Kojelis' house on 116 Marshall Street, Petersburg, VA. Please let me know if you are able to join us for this event!

      Your support is greatly appreciated!

      Crystal Lambert

      Volunteer Coordinator

      Petersburg GOP

      Mobile: 804-943-4271

      E-Mail: lambertcl@...

      MONDAY

      DANVILLE PHONE BANK

      5-9 PM

      Kilgore Campaign HQ

      Trade Street behind the Sheetz

      TUESDAY

      ALBEMARLE COUNTY PHONE BANK

      6-9 PM

      Colonial Auto Center, Rte. 29 North

      CAMPBELL COUNTY PHONE BANK

      6-9

      523 Leesville Road

      Lynchburg

      HALIFAX PHONE BANK

      6-9

      R.O. Harrell, Inc

      3 miles west of town on Rte. 58

      WEDNESDAY

      DANVILLE PHONE BANK

      5-9

      Kilgore HQ

      Trade Street Behind the Sheetz

      THURSDAY

      ****NEW PHONE BANK****

      MECKLENBURG COUNTY

      6-9 PM

      Clarkesville Best Western

      Route 58 Clarksville

      CAMPBELL PHONE BANK

      6-9

      523 Leesville Road

      Lynchburg

      KILGORE CAMPAIGN UPDATE

      This past weekend Jerry participated in the annual Buena Vista Labor Day parade. This event, which normally is known for its political sign wars between the campaigns, took a different turn this year. According to the Richmond Times Dispatch:

      “Republican gubernatorial candidate Jerry W. Kilgore began the final 64-day sprint to Election Day yesterday with a bit of one-upmanship. Instead of competing with his Democratic opponent, Lt. Gov. Timothy M. Kaine, in a duel of political signs at this annual kickoff to the campaign season, Kilgore conceded the field to Kaine and donated the cost savings to hurricane relief on the Gulf Coast. Kilgore said his campaign has sent $5,000 to the American Red Cross for the relief effort. A spokesman for Kaine, whose forces had a massive sign effort in this blue-collar city, said Kilgore's effort was ‘very laudable.’”

      VOLUNTEER OF THE WEEK

      This week’s volunteer of the week goes to the Longwood University College Republicans who have committed to a weekly phone bank and in their first night made over 1,200 calls. Congratulations to Chairman Jennifer Bell and her great club.

      Andrew M. Vehorn

      Southside Virginia Field Director

      Virginians for Jerry Kilgore

      Office: 804-421-9966