5 Good Reasons to Convince Your Congressman to vote NO on CAFTA!

  • Scott Darby
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2005
      Hi, everybody,
      I just received this from stopcafta.com this morning.

      Five Good Reasons Why You Need to Convince Your Congressman to Vote NO
      on CAFTA!

      Celebrate the Fourth by Helping to Preserve American Independence!
      Your help is urgently needed to convince a majority in the House of
      Representatives to vote NO on CAFTA.
      Here is the situation:

      • Today (June 29) the Senate Finance Committee voted to send the CAFTA
      agreement to the full Senate for a vote. The Senate is expected to
      vote in favor of CAFTA yet this week. However, the House is not
      expected to vote on CAFTA until after Congress reconvenes on July
      11th. The House vote is expected to be very close.

      • So, based on time left to work and the expected closeness of the
      vote, please focus your STOP CAFTA! efforts on your representative.

      • Republican party leaders and the Office of the U.S. Trade
      Representative (USTR) are trying to mislead congressman into thinking
      CAFTA has no impact on U.S. independence. In fact, the Office of the
      USTR has very recently released a CAFTA Policy Brief, "CAFTA Does Not
      Undermine U.S. Sovereignty." (PDF)

      • However, the truth is that CAFTA would seriously undermine U.S.
      sovereignty. STOPCAFTA.com has just posted a new analysis of the CAFTA
      agreement, "CAFTA's Threats to U.S. Independence," with five important
      ways that CAFTA threatens U.S. independence based on direct quotes
      from the CAFTA agreement.
      Please help preserve American independence by:

      • Confronting your congressman and/or his staff with the "CAFTA's
      Threats to U.S. Independence" document and challenging him or his
      staff to read the agreement, especially the passages quoted in the
      "CAFTA's Threats" document. Tell him that you are strongly opposed to
      CAFTA based on its serious threats to American independence, and that
      you would very much appreciate his help in upholding our nation's
      independence by voting NO on CAFTA. A new online letter to Congress
      against CAFTA based on the "CAFTA's Threats" document is now available.

      • Mobilizing your networks of influence immediately to multiply your
      efforts to convince your congressman to vote NO on CAFTA. Forward this
      email alert to inspire them to help.

      • You should also contact state legislators, businessmen,
      professionals, and local government officials. Passage of CAFTA would
      negatively impact them all.
      This truly is the best chance in a long time for demolishing a key
      building block in the globalists' house of world order, and thereby
      building momentum for our long-term campaign to preserve our country's
      precious independence!

      "We, therefore, the Representatives of the United States of America,
      in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the
      world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by
      Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and
      declare, That these United Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free
      and Independent States...."
      - Declaration of Independence, 1776