Senate Democrats Fight Us Over the UN

  • Let's Roll
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2005
      Friends,

      We need to take immediate action to back President Bush's selection
      of John Bolton to serve as U.S. Ambassador to the U.N.

      As we informed you about yesterday, Bolton is a harsh critic of
      the UN.

      His appointment has caused an outcry in the "Blame America First"
      crowd because they know his presence in the UN will spell trouble
      for those who have backed the UN's track record of corruption and
      failure.

      In 1994 Bolton lashed out at the UN in a speech saying:

      "There is no such thing as the United Nations. There
      is an international community that occasionally can
      be led by the only real power left in the world, and
      that is the United States."

      Bolton correctly labeled North Korea's Kim Jong Il a "tyrannical
      dictator" which sent U.N. officials into a fit of protest. They
      weren't bothered by the fact that the North Korean government had
      called Bolton "human scum."

      Bolton knows who America's enemies are and he isn't afraid to stand
      up and point them out - just as Ronald Reagan did when facing the
      Communist Bloc nations.

      And now, just as they fought Reagan's efforts to win the Cold War,
      Senate Democrats say they are going to fight Bolton's appointment.

      You can read Senate Democrat Leader, Harry Reid's statement on
      Bolton, where Reid threatens Bolton will face a tough confirmation
      process:

      http://democrats.senate.gov/~dpc/press/05/2005307D15.html

      We need you to send a message of support for Bolton - AND RIGHT AWAY!
      There is only one way the politicians in Washington truly get the
      message that Americans are trying to send, and that is when their
      phone lines are tied up.

      We need every one of you to place just ONE polite phone call to each
      of the four legislative leaders listed below. Indicate your name
      and that you are calling as a supporter of the organization Move
      America Forward in support of John Bolton's nomination.

      Remember, this only will work if every one of you takes just 5 minutes
      to make one phone call to each of the four Senate leaders listed below.

      Here are the four individuals you need to contact right away:

      Democrat Leader Harry Reid: (202) 224-3542

      Assistant Democrat Leader Dick Durbin: (202) 224-2152

      Republican Senator Bill Frist (Majority Leader): (202) 224-3344

      Republican Senator Mitch McConnell (Majority Whip): (202) 224-2541

      = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
      Backing Up the Message on the Airwaves
      = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

      Here's your latest update on our fundraising drive to get our new
      television ads finished and on the airwaves to "Get the U.N. Out of
      the U.S."

      We need to raise $200,000 to pay for the current round of ads.

      As of 1:15 PM on Tuesday, March 8th we had received $34,237 in
      contributions. Many of you wrote to us to tell us you've just
      mailed in a contribution and this total does not include those
      pledges.

      If you've not recently contributed to our "Get the U.N. Out of
      the U.S." ad campaign, we urge you to do so now.

      We are going to push very hard folks to make sure we are back on
      the air in time for the confirmation hearings for John Bolton. The
      whole world will be watching the debate about what role the U.S.
      should play in relation to the U.N.

      We want everyone to see that Americans have had enough and are
      finally fighting back!

      http://www.MoveAmericaForward.org/Contribution

      You can mail in your contribution to:

      Move America Forward