ALL REPUBLICANS - : A personal message from Jerry Kilgore

  • Let's Roll
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2005
      TO ALL MY GOP LIST...WE DID IT FOR GEORGE W....WE NEED ANOTHER GOP GOVERNOR AND THIS IS THE MAN..ANY SUPORT WILL HELP...PLEASE JOIN HIS MAILING LIST AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS. - John Graham Chairman Baseball For Bush - GOProbbexecs - Field of Dreams Comunities,inc - JERRY KILGORE - A GOVERNOR VIRGINIA CAN BE PROUD OF:
      February 1, 2005

      Dear John,

      Today at noon, my resignation as Virginia�s Attorney General is effective so that I may pursue a goal that will take a tremendous amount of time and energy, running full time to become Virginia�s next Governor.

      Over the last three years I have aimed to be an Attorney General who is faithful to the laws and Constitution of the Commonwealth of Virginia and to the needs and interests of our fellow citizens. Now with the support of my family and friends like you, I embark on a new endeavor to build upon the accomplishments we have made together.

      The first Attorney General of Virginia was Edmund Randolph, who later became the first Attorney General of the United States. His portrait hangs in the hallway to my office. As I passed by it each day I was reminded that when our young country looked for justice, it looked to Virginia.

      The history of this Office alone guarantees that the post of Attorney General is one of the most important offices a citizen of the Commonwealth can ever occupy. In my case, it has been the most rewarding job that I have ever had.

      During my term, we prevailed in three cases before the United States Supreme Court. The Court upheld Virginia�s law banning the burning of a cross with the intent to intimidate others, preserving the Commonwealth�s ability to prevent such a dramatic example of domestic terrorism. Additionally, the Court ruled 9-to-0 to allow public housing complexes to treat certain streets as private property, giving them the same ability to bar trespassers as residents of luxury, gated communities. Additionally, the Court rejected Maryland�s claims and found that Virginia has the right to draw water from the Potomac River, which impacts Northern Virginia residents and affects their quality of life.

      In addition, I am proud of the recoveries my Office has made on behalf of the Virginia taxpayers and consumers totaling millions of dollars. We also successfully defended bipartisan legislation passed by the General Assembly that authorized state regulations governing the alteration of non-tidal wetlands. These are but a few of the significant legal victories the Office has achieved over the course of three years.

      Working with the General Assembly, we have made a real difference in the lives of domestic violence victims by securing more funding thorough the creation of the Domestic Violence Victim Fund, strengthening our witness protection program and protective order laws, providing that temporary child support may be one of the conditions imposed in a family abuse protective order, establishing training standards for those who deal with victims and creating a statewide facilitator for domestic violence programs.

      We have made our communities safer for our children by toughening our anti-child pornography laws, instituting the Amber Alert System, strengthening our drug free school zone laws, amending the definition of child abuse and neglect to include a child who is with his parent or other responsible person during the manufacture or unlawful sale of methamphetamine or other illegal drugs. In addition, we recognized the value of an unborn child by the enactment of �Conner�s law.�

      Over the last three years we sent a strong message to criminals by enacting effective anti-gang legislation, requiring a DNA sample to be taken from every person arrested for a violent felony, creating a Virginia racketeer influenced and corrupt organization act, and funding Virginia�s sexually violent predator law. We made our highways safer by enacting comprehensive anti-DUI legislation. We also cracked down on email spammers by enacting the country�s toughest anti-spam laws under which my Office secured the first felony conviction last year.

      Together we made Virginia government more open and accessible through such initiatives as requiring executive boards, agencies and commissions to post minutes of their meetings on the Internet, prohibiting certain confidential settlement agreements and requiring conflict of interest training for certain state employees. We also successfully passed �Stand by your Ad� legislation to promote more accountable elections.

      Of course there are other accomplishments, legal and legislative, that I have been proud of during the last three years; however, I wanted to highlight this record of results that will benefit the lives of all Virginians.

      Over the next year, I ask for your continued support as we build on our record. Working together, we will make our great Commonwealth an even better place to call home.

      With kind regards, I remain

      Sincerely,

      Jerry Kilgore

      P.S. If you would like to get involved in our campaign today, please click here to sign up. Thank you for all you do.

      Paid for and authorized by the Virginians For Jerry Kilgore
      (804) 421-9966 � (804) 421-9968 fax
      P.O. Box 17098, Richmond, VA 23226

      Political Contributions are not deductible for income tax purposes.

      Remove yourself from future email here or forward this message to kilgore@... with the word 'remove' in your email message subject line.

      This message was sent to jhg@...
      pmguid:3f4.c9y0.r3c

      Let's Roll!!

      ~ "God Bless America" ~ That's my Field of Dreams ~ Voice Mail ~ 800-699-2466 Box number Baseball1 (2273225501) ~ Email Fax 253-484-6438 ~ John@... -http://JohnGraham.net ~ Chief Officer of Election ~ Commonwealth of Virginia ~ Notary Public ~ My Star ISC 1045048-7 ~ L# 22 ~ "Sic Semper Tyrannis" ~ "Ne Oublie" ~ Let's Roll!! ~