FW: Please Forward: Help Parents Contend With Aggressive Commercial Influences

  • kaya_andoque
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2003
      Dear Friends:

      Our children are in danger, and need your help now. Please take
      action today to support the Parent's Bill of Rights to stop predatory
      corporations from jeopardizing childrens' health, safety and
      education. Tell your members of Congress to stop corporations from
      advertising to children by signing the petition at:

      http://www.commercialalert.org/

      There are dire consequences to the commercial assault on our
      children. Children suffer from an epidemic of marketing-related
      diseases. Rates of obesity and type 2 diabetes are soaring. Eating
      disorders are the third leading chronic illness among teenage girls.
      Alcohol is a factor in the four main causes of death among young
      people aged 10 to 24. Millions will die from the smoking habit
      promoted to them as youth.

      Parents should not have to do daily battle with the nation's largest
      corporations. Parents should have legal rights and tools to help
      keep commercial influences away from our kids if they so choose.

      Is it ok to sacrifice our kids' health and values for a few more
      dollars in corporate profits? Do you think the public schools should
      be commercial free-fire zones? If your answer is no, then please, go
      and sign the petition at:

      http://www.commercialalert.org/

      Thanks,

      Gary Ruskin