****Field of Dreams Today - Sat July 12, 2008 *****

  • jhg@jhgraham.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12, 2008

       "America's Email".......WE REMEMBER TONY SNOW AND OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH HIS FAMILY.....

      TONY SNOW was a really nice guy..And my hometown  - Hampron Roads, VA is where he started his career - 1981-82 at the Virginian - Pilot and 1982-84 as the editorial page editor of the Daily Press....It ws really the last time either paper had some balance in it's coverage.

      That coverage inclided his love of sports...Tony attended many games of the Peninsula Pilots of the Carolina League.....We met many times but usually it was one of my staff that noticed he was at the game...He NEVER wanted special treatment..AND NEVER USED HIS PRESS PASS....We urged him to but he said the fact that he was not covering the game let him be a fan - So he paid the 3 bucks.....Tony also kept the Daily Press a "Homer" sports section - By "Homer" we mean it showed which team it supported.....We had 2 beat writers from then same newspaper cover every game - One for the morning - one for the afternoon.....Also as example if there were 9 bad things to say about our team and only one good thing - They printed the good thing..Not only because they rooted for our team - But because the 9 bad things were not scandals...just things wrong wiith the park or scoreboard....Kinda "Acts of God"...A Friendly local paper is essential to a minor league baseball
      team - Which Tony knew....Alas since that time both the editorial board and the sports sections have declinded...

      Tony went on to so many things that made him a guy conservatives could trust..Tony was part of the FOX NEWS explosion in 1997...Hosting "FOX NEWS SATURDAY" ....;FOX RADIO AND THE WEEKEND DESK......

      Than his President called and he served with honor....class and grace....Fighting cancer twice and always with smile......He always got President Bush's views out - He kept the media alerted. President Bush 41 - who Tony also worked - spoke of his loyality as did Barbara Bush.....The 26th Presidential Secretary did an outstanding job... .

      Having Tony be  part of our lives in Southeast VA - if only for 6 years - made his mark here...And Go to such great heights!! We salute Tony.. President Reagan was his hero....I know that he and the President are on top of the shinning city on the hill.today!..God Bless all his family !!   - Let's Roll!!

      FOR SOME REASON THIS SENT TWICE WHILE I WAS TYPING FOR NO REAASON - SORRY

    • jhg@jhgraham.com