BOYCOTT THE WASHINGTON POST - Every ACTION has CONSEQUENCES

  • Let's Roll - JHG
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2007
      Sgt Jorge Castillo <gonetothebeach@...> wrote:

      BOYCOTT THE WASHINGTON POST - Every ACTION has CONSEQUENCES
      <http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/1777394/posts>
      Washington Post ^
      <http://www.freerepublic.com/%5ehttp:/blog.washingtonpost.com/earlywarning/2
      007/01/the_troops_also_need_to_suppor.html> | 2/1/2007 | William M. Arkin
      I'm all for everyone expressing their opinion, even those who wear the
      uniform of the United States Army. But I also hope that military commanders
      took the soldiers aside after the story and explained to them why it wasn't
      for them to disapprove of the American people.

      (Excerpt) Read more at blog.washingtonpost.com
      <http://blog.washingtonpost.com/earlywarning/2007/01/the_troops_also_need_to
      _suppor.html> ...

      BOYCOTT THE WASHINGTON POST Every ACTION has CONSEQUENCES
      This is an affront to every citizen of the United States of America. Opinion
      - yes, free speech - yes, irresponsible, hurtful, unproductive - YES
      http://blog.washingtonpost.com/earlywarning/2007/01/the_troops_also_need_to_
      suppor.html#more
      The Washington Post can use free speech to say, print and blog whatever it
      wants.
      WE THE PEOPLE can choose NOT to buy the Washington post OR purchase products
      from their advertisers.
      The WOT (War on Terror) has many fronts. Unfortunately, one major front
      happens to be here at HOME. Un-American propaganda as issued by the
      Washington Post is a continuing attack on WE THE PEOPLE.
      WE THE PEOPLE must use every means necessary to combat this attack. The
      Washington Post continues to provide comfort and aid to the enemy. YOU have
      as a freedom loving individual a responsibility to act.
      Buy your last copy of the Washington Post and contact directly as many of
      the Washington Posts' advertisers and let them know you will NOT purchase
      their products of services. DO it today.
      http://www.blackfive.net/main/2007/01/a_hearty_f_you_.html This you might
      say is very "colorful" CAUTION
      Here's a previous boycott that seemed to have some success.
      http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/1749957/posts
      Send an e-mail to Washington post ombudsman
      http://www.washpost.com/news_ed/ombudsman/index.shtml
      ---------------------------------------------------------- Dear Deborah
      Howell. Arkin's rantings are an affront to me and EVERY American. I will do
      everything in my power to see that the Washington Post is run out of
      business. Free Speech is your right. I would never prevent you from
      speaking. All actions have consequences. I will be contacting your
      advertisers and using MY free speech to have them pull their advertising
      from your disgusting RAG you call a newspaper. You can stand on the street
      corner and talk all you want after the Washington Post is out of business.
      This Washington Post can't even live up to its own principles.
      http://www.washpost.com/gen_info/principles/index.shtml Eugene Meyer's
      Principles for The Washington Post Eugene Meyer had a vision of what makes a
      newspaper truly great, and that vision included serving the public according
      to seven principles. He offered them in a speech on March 5, 1935 and
      published them on his newspaper's front page.
      The first mission of a newspaper is to tell the truth as nearly as the truth
      can be ascertained.
      The newspaper shall tell ALL the truth so far as it can learn it, concerning
      the important affairs of America and the world.
      As a disseminator of news, the paper shall observe the decencies that are
      obligatory upon a private gentleman.
      What it prints shall be fit reading for the young as well as the old.
      The newspaper's duty is to its readers and to the public at large, and not
      to the private interests of its owners.
      In the pursuit of truth, the newspaper shall be prepared to make sacrifices
      of its material fortunes, if such a course be necessary for the public good.

      The newspaper shall not be the ally of any special interest, but shall be
      fair and free and wholesome in its outlook on public affairs and public men.

      I wrote her this morning and just received this response:

      Arkin is a columnist only for washingtonpost.com. He does not write for the
      newspaper. I am the ombudsman only for the newspaper. I suggest you write to
      jim.brady@....
      Deborah Howell Washington Post Ombudsman

      Arkin's already written a rebuttal
      <http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1777454/posts> to emailers of
      this column.