2011-12 Dates

    Message 1 of 28 , Dec 1, 2010
      All,

      We had our New England organizers' conference call last night, and are expecting all of our races to stay on their same dates for next season.

      The Verge Series finals, NBX in Warwick, is willing to move one weekend later, now that nationals has moved off that date. We're wondering what other events might be looking at different dates, specifically in December, as a result of the nationals move.

      There was a time when we would have talked to each other about planning and scheduling for a month already, in order to work out conflicts. Right now we have about 5 days. I would really like to see us finish this week with a tentative calendar in place, so we have the opportunity to work things out where possible.

      If you have a date preference, and I'm sure you do, please send it out to the list so we can assemble the schedule.

      President, Cycle-Smart, Inc.: Solutions for Cycling
      President, Verge New England Championship Cyclo-Cross Series
      Captain, Team Mountain Khakis

    • Tim Hopkin
      Message 2 of 28 , Dec 1, 2010

        The North Carolina Grand Prix will continue as two C2 UCI races on Saturday and Sunday, November 19-20, 2011. The races will be in Hendersonville , NC .

        Tim Hopkin

        www.nccyclocross.com

[...]

        32 Ditson St., #5
        Dorchester , MA 02122

      • kjc
        Message 3 of 28 , Dec 1, 2010
          MAC Series Dates:

          10SEP10 - Nittany CX (tentative)
          11SEP10 - Nittany CX (tentative)
          17SEP10 - Charm City
          18SEP10 - Charm City
          15OCT10 - Granogue
          16OCT10 - Granogue
          29OCT10 - Beacon
          30OCT10 - HPCX

[...]

          http://twitter.com/adammyerson
          http://www.facebook.com/adammyerson
          http://teammountainkhakis.com/

        • Craig Callan
          Message 4 of 28 , Dec 1, 2010
            HPCX (C2) Jamesburg New Jersey - October 30, 2011.

            -Craig Callan

            Message 5 of 28 , Dec 1, 2010
              Just got off the phone with Myles Romanow; event was successful this year with last minute change in venue in East Meadow; is planning on inscribing as 2 cat 2's for same weekend, November 19-20, 2011.

              To: USAICO@yahoogroups.com
              From: kc2738@...
              Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 07:14:38 -0800
              Subject: Re: [USAICO] 2011-12 Dates

              Message 6 of 28 , Dec 1, 2010
                Same weekend for UCI3 in Cincinnati, Ohio:  Oct 7-9

                Mitch Graham - Bio Wheels Workshop

                (513) 861-2453 Work

                (513) 476-6805 Mobile

                6810 Miami Ave

                Cincinnati, Ohio

                45243

                Message 7 of 28 , Dec 1, 2010
                  Here are the New England UCI dates, regardless of series affiliation:

                  Sat 09/17/2011 Green Mountain Cyclocross Weekend 1 Williston, VT
                  Sun 09/18/2011 Green Mountain Cyclocross Weekend 2 Williston, VT
                  Sat 09/24/2011 The Nor'easter CX @ Loon Mountain Lincoln, NH
                  Sat 10/01/2011 Grand Prix of Gloucester 1 Gloucester, MA
                  Sun 10/02/2011 Grand Prix of Gloucester 2 Gloucester, MA
                  Sat 10/08/2011 Providence Festival of Cyclocross 1 Providence, RI
                  Sun 10/09/2011 Providence Festival of Cyclocross 2 Providence, RI
                  Sat 10/22/2011 Downeast Cyclocross 1 New Gloucester, ME
                  Sun 10/23/2011 Downeast Cyclocross 2 New Gloucester, ME
                  Sat 11/05/2011 Cycle-Smart International 1 Northampton, MA
                  Sun 11/06/2011 Cycle-Smart International 2 Northampton, MA
                  Sat 11/26/2011 Bay State Cyclocross 1 Sterling, MA
                  Sun 11/27/2011 Bay State Cyclocross 2 Sterling, MA
                  Sat 12/03/2011 NBX Grand Prix of Cyclocross 1 Warwick, RI
                  Sun 12/04/2011 NBX Grand Prix of Cyclocross 2 Warwick, RI
                • Dwayne Letterman
                  Message 8 of 28 , Dec 1, 2010
                    The Kingsport Cyclo-cross Cup will move to Sunday, January 15th in Kingsport, TN. The move is to try and facilitate participation in both the Kingsport race and a new race in Wilkesboro, NC, on January 14th. Wilkesboro is only 3 hours from Kingsport. Hopefully it works. I would also like to see a southern series, but looking at the UCI rules, and only three races in the south at the moment, I don't think we can get it done in time. Does anyone know if we can form a series later in then year when we see the final calender?

                    Dwayne Letterman

                    Tri Cities Road Club:
                    http://www.tricitiesroadclub.org
                    Mud, Sweat and Gears Cyclo-cross:
                    http://www.msgcross.com
                    Kingsport Cyclo-cross Cup
                    http://kingsportuci.wordpress.com/

                      Message 10 of 28 , Dec 1, 2010

                        Hey everybody –

                        Some clarification on the UCI series recognition and application:

                        The maximum number of races to be applied for as a UCI series is eight (8).  A minimum has not been stated.

                        All races wishing to apply for the UCI series designation must be UCI.  A series including events on the international calendar (UCI) must be all UCI-inscripted (it cannot be a combination of UCI and non-UCI events).  A series not applying for UCI status may be denied UCI approval to be included (individual events and series) on the international calendar the following year.

                        I’ve been informed that series that were not UCI-recognized as a series this season cannot form a series this year, but they will be granted an exception to be on the international calendar if individual events would like to apply for event inscription.

                        You may go ahead and submit your UCI series request when you submit your inscription forms.  Please include the information indicated in the promoter inscription email/instructions I sent out earlier.

                        Thanks – please feel free to contact me if you have additional questions.

                        -Kelli

                        phone:  719.434.4285

                        USAC_standard_Type_Inside_small

                        Message 11 of 28 , Dec 1, 2010
                          StarCrossed and Rad Racing GP are moving to 10/1 & 2 for one year due to the venue conflict with a major event.

                          It is obliviously up to Joan and Bruce but would it not be helpful for the USGP Finals to move to the current Nationals date with Nationals going to January?

                          See you in Bend.

                          Take Care,

                          Terry Buchanan
                          Low Pressure Promotions, LLC

                          425-503-2333

                          Star Crossed presented by Stanley - A Brand of PMI - www.starcrossedcx.com

                          Message 12 of 28 , Dec 1, 2010
                            Hi Dwayne,

                            That is currently the date (Jan 12-15) of the Masters World Championships in Louisville.

                            Cheers,

                            joan

                            On Dec 1, 2010, at 8:10 AM, Dwayne Letterman wrote:

                            The Kingsport Cyclo-cross Cup will move to Sunday, January 15th in Kingsport, TN. The move is to try and facilitate participation in both the Kingsport race and a new race in Wilkesboro, NC, on January 14th. Wilkesboro is only 3 hours from Kingsport. Hopefully it works. I would also like to see a southern series, but looking at the UCI rules, and only three races in the south at the moment, I don't think we can get it done in time. Does anyone know if we can form a series later in then year when we see the final calender?

                            Dwayne Letterman

                            Tri Cities Road Club:
                            http://www.tricitiesroadclub.org
                            Mud, Sweat and Gears Cyclo-cross:
                            http://www.msgcross.com
                            Kingsport Cyclo-cross Cup
                            http://kingsportuci.wordpress.com/

                            Joan Hanscom

                            Louisville 2013 - Event Director
                            USGP of Cyclocross - Event Director
                            SKYPE ME:  JoanHan16
                            Mobile: 484.995.0547

                            www.louisville2013

                            Follow me on Twitter:  Joanhan and Louisville2013

                              Message 14 of 28 , Dec 1, 2010
                                Can you define "Series" for us? What makes a collection of individual events a series?

                                Does it require one owner of the events? Does it require a leader's jersey? What if a private 3rd party created a points standings based only on the results from those races, and required nothing from the events themselves?

                                We need a strict definition from the UCI of what a "series" is.

                                Adam

                                On Dec 1, 2010, at 11:34 AM, Lusk, Kelli wrote:

[...]

                                Follow us! Twitter   Facebook  You Tube

                                <image001.jpg>

                                Message 15 of 28 , Dec 1, 2010
                                World cup and championship schedule attached.  Yes, there is a world cup on 12/4/11.

                                Alan

                                To: USAICO@yahoogroups.com

                                  Message 17 of 28 , Dec 1, 2010

                                    Hey all –

                                    The calendar I forwarded to the organizers was what UCI sent to me as a working document with proposed dates.  We would not be scheduling anything on the same weekend as the Masters World Championships.  My apologies for any confusion.

                                    Thanks,

                                    Message 18 of 28 , Dec 1, 2010

                                      I think we really need to ask. "Why does the uci care? What's the infraction that we need their rules to run a series?  What's their stake in the game?"

                                      Personally I say "cash grab".  And faced with what could be an inhibiting factor for verge mac Nact and even the usgp I would hope our governing body can get in the ring and at least bring some clarity to the situation.

                                      Even if we pay some uci observer 1500 or 500 or anything a weekend that's money that should go into the pockets of racers or hard working promoters or to charity..

                                      If by some Christmas miracle the uci provides this technical person for no cost yay..woohoo.  my point about the uci being vinvolved on the vrunning of our series when (to the best of my knowledge) absolutely no rules concerning series exist in their rule book still applies.

                                    • Dwayne Letterman
                                      Message 19 of 28 , Dec 1, 2010
                                        It would have been nice to have known, when  the inscription notice was sent, that the date for Masters Worlds had been set on the same date of a race that was already on the calender. That would have given me enough time to talk to Kingsport about a date change. Now I don't know if that can be accomplished. Obviously, Worlds won't change because of one little race in Kingsport, TN. Maybe it was published at some point, somewhere, and I missed it. Still, whatever happened to not putting races on the same date that close together. Okay, that said, is anyone down for December 10th and 11th?

                                        Dwayne

                                        PS: Adam, could you add Andrew Stackhouse to this list so he can participate in the conversation? pirateraceproductions@...

                                        Message 20 of 28 , Dec 1, 2010
                                          We have an event in Cincinnati - Kings CX, which will be submitting the UCI paperwork today.  They are looking at the Dec 3/4 weekend.

[...]

                                            Mike Hewitt
                                            mikeh@...

                                            "Honor life by living...Killing honors only death: only the dark side."
                                            Yoda-

                                            m 502-930-1036
                                            SKYPE ME: mike2wheelsports

                                            Please consider the environment before printing this email.

                                          • Dwayne Letterman

                                              Message 23 of 28 , Dec 1, 2010

                                                The Jingle Cross Rock will be applying for a 3 day event in 2011 on Thanksgiving weekend with plans for a C2-C2-C1 designation on November 25th, 26th, 27th, 2011.

                                                Planning further ahead, tentative plans for 2012 will require us to move up one week for even numbered years due to the expansion of the Big Ten football season and conflicts with getting hotel space during University of Iowa football home games.

                                                Regards

                                                John Meehan

                                                Jingle Cross Rock

                                                206 947-7793

                                                Message 24 of 28 , Dec 1, 2010
                                                  The UCI Inscription forms for the Gran Prix of Gloucester state the following:

                                                  1 October 2010 Gran Prix of Gloucester #1 UCI C1
                                                  2 October 2010 Gran Prix of Gloucester #2 UCI C1

                                                  -p

                                                  ecv
                                                  Paul Boudreau | President | paul@...
                                                  Essex County Velo, LLC
                                                  PO Box 5534 Beverly Farms, MA 01915

                                                  ECV's mission is to enhance the opportunities for members to enjoy the numerous benefits derived from the simple, youthful act of riding a bike.

                                                  Message 25 of 28 , Dec 1, 2010
                                                    Uhm.....oops.
                                                    I meant:

                                                    1 October 2010 Gran Prix of Gloucester #1 UCI C1
                                                    2 October 2010 Gran Prix of Gloucester #2 UCI C2

                                                    I'll just go back in my corner over here.....

                                                    Message 26 of 28 , Dec 1, 2010

                                                      Some additional request for clarification in red below

                                                      Some clarification on the UCI series recognition and application:

                                                      The maximum number of races to be applied for as a UCI series is eight (8).  A minimum has not been stated.

                                                      All races wishing to apply for the UCI series designation must be UCI.  A series including events on the international calendar (UCI) must be all UCI-inscripted (it cannot be a combination of UCI and non-UCI events).  A series not applying for UCI status may be denied UCI approval to be included (individual events and series) on the international calendar the following year.

                                                      Ok, Say I am in a group of races that have a mix of UCI events and non UCI events,  If we give no separate  series points or team points  to our UCI events then the UCI series rule does not in apply in anyway?

                                                      Is the above statement true or false?

                                                      I’ve been informed that series that were not UCI-recognized as a series this season cannot form a series this year, but they will be granted an exception to be on the international calendar if individual events would like to apply for event inscription.

                                                      So only the USGP would be able to apply for the coming season?

                                                      What is the intent of enforcing this rule?

                                                      Message 27 of 28 , Dec 1, 2010

                                                        Some additional request for clarification in red below

                                                        Some clarification on the UCI series recognition and application:

                                                        The maximum number of races to be applied for as a UCI series is eight (8).  A minimum has not been stated.

                                                        All races wishing to apply for the UCI series designation must be UCI.  A series including events on the international calendar (UCI) must be all UCI-inscripted (it cannot be a combination of UCI and non-UCI events).  A series not applying for UCI status may be denied UCI approval to be included (individual events and series) on the international calendar the following year.

                                                        Ok, Say I am in a group of races that have a mix of UCI events and non UCI events,  If I  only use UCI points and do not in anyway give our UCI events any series points (for example the 3 uci races each day at Granogue would only be scored by UCI points they would not and never be used or scored in the MAC series points) then the UCI series rule does not in apply in anyway?

                                                        Message 28 of 28 , Dec 1, 2010

                                                          Just for clarification...

                                                          To the best of my knowledge I've never ever ever applied Ro the uci to have the series recognized and frankly don't see the need to do so.

                                                          So why was Nact singled out?
                                                          Doesn't day mandatory.  Says "wishing to be recognized"
                                                          I don't care if the uci recognizes that series or not.

                                                          Just wondering I'f the uci is familiar with American monopoly and anti trust legislation.

                                                          Toodles~