RE: [USAICO] Missed UCI inscription notice

  • Lusk, Kelli
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 10, 2010

      Tom –

      All organizers on the 2010/2011 UCI CX inscription list were emailed the 2011/2012 UCI CX update.  The email address indicated on the UCI list was webberlm@...

      I’ll resend to the other email addresses you have listed.

      Thanks,

      Kelli

      phone:  719.434.4285

      USAC_standard_Type_Inside_small

      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 11, 2010

        What conversion table from Euro’s to $ would we use for the coming season?

        Thanks

        Tom

      • kc2738@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 11, 2010
          Tom,

          That is not determined until 01JAN11.

          Kelly

          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

          From: "Tom McDaniel" <granoguecross@...>
          Sender: USAICO@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:59:09 -0500
          To: <USAICO@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: USAICO@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [USAICO] Converion Rate for 2011/2012

          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 11, 2010

            The UCI conversion table is typically released around January 1 each year.

            The inscription fee has increased for 2011/2012, but the prize purse minimums have remained the same as in 2010/2011.

            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 20, 2010

              Kelli, Geoff or anyone else who knows.

              If I’m reading all of this correctly, unless your UCI race is not giving series points or team points then your series will have to apply to the UCI for series status.  Is this correct?

              If so do  you have any ideal if the  UCI is going to be generous with awarding series designations or restrictive.

              Can a USA/USA series have mix of UCI and  non UCI races?

              If the answer to the above is YES, can a USA/UCI series have 8 UCI races and say 3 non USA races?

              If a series designation is denied can the individual races continue on as independent races or withdrawl their UCI inscription.

              Has any series in the USA applied for UCI series designation last  year?

              What is the intent of this rule, that is what is the UCI trying to achieve?

              My apologies if I’m misunderstanding/misreading the rule and how it might be applied.

              Tom

              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 20, 2010

                Why. Does a "series require uci inscription"?    Are they trying to control promoters series efforts for what end?

                The races already meet their standards.  Are there entirely seperate uci standards that I just don't know about?  Or uci mandated prizelists for series?

                Exactly what is their stake in this game?
                Or...is it another cash grab pay for a technicadl director routine.