Re: [USAICO] Re: Rule question

  • john.meehan@seattlechildrens.org
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 29, 2010
      Geoffs comments are correct and the reason is to avoid significant course deterioration. But a bigger concerm for us is financial. Since we do not have the ability to garner income from gate tickets for spectators either in number or in price per ticket, we desperately need rider participation to help pay for event expenses and especially in this economy where sponsor dollars are tough to come by. The UCI has been very reasonable to us for this topic. I suggest that we don't poke a skunk and accept their good will for now with no questions asked.

      John Meehan

      From: crosssportif <CrossSportif@...>
      Sender: <USAICO@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 13:40:21 +0000
      To: <USAICO@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: USAICO@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [USAICO] Re: Rule question

      My sense from the spring meeting is that US organizers can proceed as they have in past seasons. That the rule (whose intention is to minimize course deterioration) will be overlooked. I will work to get confirmation.

      Best,
      Geoff Proctor
      Member, UCI Cyclocross Commission

      --- In USAICO@yahoogroups. com, Myles Romanow <ilovetoracecross@ ...> wrote:

      > That has been what they told me...uci rules apply to uci races
      >
      > On Jul 28, 2010 3:45 PM, "Adam Myerson" adam@... wrote:
      >

      > Who are you hearing this rumor from, Mitch?
      >
      > My workaround has always been that it applies to UCI races. Is anyone
      > running 5 of those?
      >
      > Lots of us have already submitted permits, like you, so it would be very
      > late for there to be a change in that policy now.
      >

      > On Jul 28, 2010, at 3:08 PM, kjc wrote:
      >

      > > By the UCI rule, no, because you are running 6 race...

      CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information protected by law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

    • Terry Buchanan
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 29, 2010
        Agreed. Don't ask permission, beg forgiveness.

        From: crosssportif <CrossSportif@ aol.com>
        Sender: <USAICO@yahoogroups. com>
        Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 13:40:21 +0000
        To: <USAICO@yahoogroups. com>

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 5, 2010

          For the  coming 2010-2011 cross season.  For any of the UCI Jr race’s in the USA, can USA riders use their domestic license (this has been allowed in the past) or do they need an international (UCI) license.

          To restate the above as rule:

          1)     UCI license are required for all UCI races including the UCI Jr race.

          or

          2)     UCI license are required for Men’s and Women’s UCI races, UCI Jr’s can use their UCI  or USA license.

          I checked with  the usual subjects and so far all the answers don’t agree.

          Thanks