UCI CX Rule Modifications

  • crosssportif
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 18, 2010
      All,

      UCI CX Rule Modifications are up on UCI website. A summary story is up on USAC website currently.

      This is the first time the UCI has notified organizers directly, so should be old news to this group.

      Best,

      Geoff Proctor
      Member, UCI Cyclocross Commission
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 18, 2010
        Geoff, can you clarify the disc brakes and tire width rulings? I don't
        see that in Chapter 5, but is it elsewhere?

        Thanks.

        --
        Adam Myerson
        413-204-3202

        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 18, 2010
          Nevermind. I was on my phone and hadn't seen the link on the USAC article yet. I had only read Chapter 5.

        • mitch_biowheels@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 18, 2010
            Do these rules affect amateurs?

            From: Adam Myerson <adam@...>
            Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 13:15:22 -0500
            To: USAICO<USAICO@yahoogroups.com>
            Subject: Re: [USAICO] UCI CX Rule Modifications

            Nevermind. I was on my phone and hadn't seen the link on the USAC article yet. I had only read Chapter 5.

            On Jun 18, 2010, at 1:01 PM, Adam Myerson wrote:

            > Geoff, can you clarify the disc brakes and tire width rulings? I don't see that in Chapter 5, but is it elsewhere?
            >
            > Thanks.
            >
            > --
            > Adam Myerson
            > 413-204-3202
            > adam@...
            > Sent via iPhone
            >
            > On Jun 18, 2010, at 12:03 PM, "crosssportif" <CrossSportif@...> wrote:
            >
            >> All,
            >>
            >> UCI CX Rule Modifications are up on UCI website. A summary story is up on USAC website currently.
            >>
            >> This is the first time the UCI has notified organizers directly, so should be old news to this group.
            >>
            >> Best,
            >>
            >> Geoff Proctor
            >> Member, UCI Cyclocross Commission

          • Brook Watts
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 18, 2010
              Mitch,

              I'd say the answer to your question is NO, only in that if you set up a course for your UCI races that has amateur races preceding it you either adhere to these or make modifications "mid-day"

              My personal view is that all races, UCI or otherwise, should adhere to these rules as a way of being consistent.

              Brook Watts
              303-684-9170 Office
              303-907-3133 Cell
              323-329-9315  Fax
              Wednesday September 22, 2010

              From: Adam Myerson <adam@cycle-smart. com>
              Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 13:15:22 -0500
              To: USAICO<USAICO@yahoogroups. com>

              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 18, 2010
                I just had a Cat 4 cancel an order for a set of 34c tires, and ask for 32c.  So I should tell him 34c no problem in Cat 4?

                Mitch Graham - Bio Wheels Workshop

                (513) 861-2453 Work

                (513) 476-6805 Mobile

                6810 Miami Ave

                Cincinnati, Ohio

                45243

                From: Adam Myerson <adam@cycle-smart. com>
                Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 13:15:22 -0500
                To: USAICO<USAICO@yahoogroups. com>

                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 18, 2010
                  Only if USAC adopts these changes, which as of right now, to my knowledge, they haven't.

                  But you should expect that they will, and I'd advise your customer not to take that chance. Go with the 32's.

                  Adam

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 18, 2010
                    Is there anything in particular we need to be telling everyone about this? What are the chances that USAC will adopt this prior to this season?

                    From: Adam Myerson <adam@...>
                    Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 15:15:32 -0500
                    To: <USAICO@yahoogroups.com>

                  • kc2738@yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 18, 2010
                      Based on prior history, USAC has always adopted whatever the UCI throws out there. I would expect an announcement soon. Its amazing how quickly it has already spread. Not sure if we need to say anything.

                      Rules are one thing, enforcement is another.

                      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                      From: mitch_biowheels@...
                      Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 22:23:37 +0000
                      To: <USAICO@yahoogroups.com>

                      From: Adam Myerson <adam@cycle-smart. com>
                      Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 15:15:32 -0500
                      To: <USAICO@yahoogroups. com>

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 18, 2010
                        I'm thinking out loud from a bicycle retail perspective. The CX magazine tire shootouts in the last couple years had a lot more people coming in looking for 34c tires. Do I stock them leading up to cx season?

                        From: kc2738@...
                        Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 22:32:59 +0000
                        To: <USAICO@yahoogroups.com>

                        From: mitch_biowheels@ yahoo.com