FW: CX Promoter Summit [23-25 April 2010]

  • Lusk, Kelli
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2010

    Dear CX Event Organizers –

    A huge thanks to those of you who have submitted your registration form for the CX Promoter Summit the weekend of April 23-25 here in Colorado Springs.  An updated version of the original email is listed (below).

    If you have not registered or responded, just a reminder to complete and submit the attached CX Promoter Summit Registration form (attached to this email) to me.

    If you have given me verbal or email confirmations, please still submit the form, especially if you would like to take advantage of the Olympic Training Complex accommodations.  The deadline to reserve your space with me at the OTC is March 21, 2010.  After this date, you may still register for the CX Promoter Summit, but you will be responsible for housing off-campus (see the attached flier for the Hyatt Summerfield Suites as a housing option) and transportation.  Shuttle service will be provided for attendees staying at the OTC to/from the Colorado Springs airport and to the Friday and Saturday night functions.  All of the meetings will also be held at the OTC.

    If you are booking your flight through United, please use the USA Cycling member discount:

    United - Receive up to a 10% discount off regular flights, and an additional 5% off tickets that are issued 30 days or more prior to the flight. To take advantage of this offer call 1-800-841-0460 between 8 AM and 6 PM (MST) Mon.-Fri. and mention code 564ED. For more information click here. For current information on baggage please click here.

    You can also use the discount code on www.united.com

    Thanks, everyone!  It is shaping up to be a solid weekend and I would highly encourage all of you to attend.

    Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

    Best Regards,

    Kelli

    Kelli Lusk

    Mountain Bike & Cyclo-cross Events Director

    office:  719.434.4285

    The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material immediately.

    Here are the details, schedule, and tentative agenda items:

    Fri, 23 April           6:30pm

    Catered mixer at the USA Cycling offices, 210 USA Cycling Point, Suite 100, Colorado Springs, CO 80919

    *BBQ and Bristol Brew on tap!

    Sat, 24 April          8:30am – 5:30pm

    Meetings at the Olympic Training Complex (OTC), 1 Olympic Plaza, Colorado Springs, CO 80909

    Sat, 24 April          6:30pm

    Dinner at Phantom Canyon

    Sun, 25 April         8:30am – 11:30am

    Meetings & Wrap-up at the OTC

    Accommodations

    Olympic Training Complex (OTC) - 1 Olympic Plaza, Colorado Springs

    The meetings will be held at the Olympic Training Complex in downtown Colorado Springs.  It’s about 10 miles from the USAC offices.  OTC accommodations are dorm-style (so probably 2 people per room, based on how many people would like to stay there).  The OTC provides free shuttle service to/from the Colorado Springs (COS) airport.  All meals are included, too.  Sweet deal at $25/day.  Attendees should plan on paying the nightly OTC accommodation fee to USA Cycling upon arrival (or the first day of meetings).

    Hyatt Summerfield Suites – Rockrimmon and Delmonico, Colorado Springs, 80919

    Discounted rates have been negotiated with Hyatt Summerfield Suites near the USAC offices.  It’s $59/night (super deal!).  Please book your room directly with the Hyatt and mention the code:  G-CXS4.  The promotion flyer is attached to this email.  Attendees staying at the Hyatt (or other accommodations other than the OTC), should plan on their own transport to/from the meetings and dinners.

    Tentative Agenda Items

    ü  Review of 2009/2010 UCI post-event reports for organizers.  Ways to improve the Category 1 and Category 2 international events.

    ü  Rating system for Cyclo-cross National Calendar (CXNC) and UCI events

    ü  Appeals process for UCI denials or CXNC denials

    ü  Event Organizers best practices

    ü  2012/2013 CX World Championships – Louisville, KY (masters/2012, masters & elite/2013)

    ü  US CX National Championships – Remain in December or move to January

    ü  National Championships & Masters – Qualification system, seeding/call-ups

    ü  US and CX:  Moving forward with the top races in the world (World Cups, World Championships)

    ü  CX in the Olympics?

    ü  UCI CX Commission update

    Please feel free to send me any suggested agenda items by April 1.

    Registration

    If you would like to attend the CX Promoter Summit, please complete and submit the attached form to me.  The OTC housing is limited, so it is on a first-come, first-serve basis.  If you indicate you would like to stay at the OTC, I will send you additional forms to complete prior to your arrival.  I will also need your flight information (if not driving), if you would like to use the OTC shuttle to/from the Colorado Springs airport.