2010/2011 CX UCI schedule

  • Lusk, Kelli
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 15, 2010

      Hey everyone –

      Just curious, this calendar was not supposed to be released to the media, just kept within the group for planning purposes until more dates/categorizations were finalized with UCI.

      http://cxmagazine.com/preliminary-uci-event-calendar#more-10207

      I know everyone is anxious to see the schedule, but CX has a very short window of submission and approval to UCI, so we were only looking at 1-2 more weeks prior to the formal announcement.  I had a lengthy discussion with Peter at UCI yesterday and there are some changes still to be confirmed and made over the weekend.

      Thanks,

      Kelli

      Kelli Lusk

      Mountain Bike & Cyclo-cross Events Director

      office:  719.434.4285

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 15, 2010
        Hi Kelli,

        I shared the calendar with the NE 'cross list so the local organizers had it, stressing that it was tentative, changes would be made, and it was for our planning purposes.

        My assumption is that it was picked up from there, and I already commented to the folks at CX Magazine that this was not meant for public distribution.

        The only consolation I can make is that it's clearly not "official" even as they posted it. Nothing from us or USAC, and they stressed it was tentative as well. So the responsibility for getting the "scoop" and its reliability is really on them, not you or us.

        Adam

        On Jan 15, 2010, at 10:41 AM, Lusk, Kelli wrote:

        Hey everyone –
        Just curious, this calendar was not supposed to be released to the media, just kept within the group for planning purposes until more dates/categorizations were finalized with UCI.

        I know everyone is anxious to see the schedule, but CX has a very short window of submission and approval to UCI, so we were only looking at 1-2 more weeks prior to the formal announcement.  I had a lengthy discussion with Peter at UCI yesterday and there are some changes still to be confirmed and made over the weekend.

        Thanks,
        Kelli

        Kelli Lusk
        Mountain Bike & Cyclo-cross Events Director
        office:  719.434.4285

        P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.