Drug testing

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 19, 2004
      All,

      For those of you who are interested in trying to provide drug testing at
      your event, here's some information from Sara Rowe as USADA:

      "$300 per test plus $600 per Doping Control Officer per day. The number of
      tests and logistics of the event determines the amount of crew we will
      need."

      Her contact info:

      Sara Rowe
      Manager, Events Testing Program
      United States Anti-Doping Agency
      2550 Tenderfoot Hill Street, Suite 200
      Colorado Springs, CO 80906
      Phone : 719-785-2021
      Fax: 719-785-2001
      srowe@...

      I don't know if that includes travel expenses as well, but I'll try to find
      out. Looks like about $1000 to test the winner, and about $2000 to test the
      top 3 plus 2 randoms.

      If you can come up with the money, it's time we start having controls at our
      races as the prize lists are increasing.

      Adam F. Hodges Myerson
      Cycle-Smart, Inc.
      Solutions for Cycling
      PO Box 1482
      Northampton, MA 01061
      617.776.1833 Somerville Office
      413.204.3202 Mobile
      413.587.3133 Northampton Office
      512.681.7043 Fax
      http://necyclocross.com
      http://eastcoastcross.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 19, 2004
        I was under the impression that we only needed to provide a "secure seperate
        area" for drug testing, not actually pay for it? I thought that was under
        the ralm of USA Cycling?

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 19, 2004
          Uhh... were supposed to pay for the testing?

          No wonder the drug thing is so bad

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 19, 2004
            Does this mean I can't use my altitude tent this week?

            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 19, 2004
              You guys kill me.

              You don't HAVE to have drug testing at your event. Some events require
              testing, like higher level UCI road events. Ours don't. But yes, the USADA
              or the UCI could show up on their own and test.

              However, if you WANT to have drug testing at your event, yes, it's something
              you pay for.

              Adam