Re: [USAICO] Schedule time, meeting

  • kc2738@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008
      Granogue/Wissahickon
      17-18 October

      From: Adam Myerson <adam@...>
      Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 10:28:51 -0500
      To: USAICO<USAICO@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [USAICO] Schedule time, meeting

      Organizers,

      I know some of you haven't even had your events yet, but it's time to to
      start the conversations about dates and schedules in advance of our meeting
      on Friday, December 12th, and our inscription deadline of Monday the 15th.

      I know a few of us have already started talking internally about our plans
      for next season.

      One question I have for the list, is it time to include the Canadian
      organizers? Obviously we have similar concerns and have to consider those
      races now in our scheduling decisions. However, this list was primarily
      meant to function for those of us dealing with USAC as well. I'd welcome
      some input on that.

      I have my meeting minutes back from the last Commission meeting now, and
      that will be a major topic of discussion at our nationals meeting. If there
      are any items you'd like to see on the agenda, please submit them to me.

      President, Cycle-Smart, Inc.: Solutions for Cycling
      Member, UCI Cyclo-Cross Commission
      Member, AIOC-Cross Management Committee
      President, Verge New England Championship Cyclo-Cross Series

      (617) 288-1460 Office
      (512) 681-7043 Fax
      +32 493 21 98 66 Belgium
      adam@cycle-smart. com
      http://cycle- smart.com
      http://cycle- smart.com/ blog
      http://timeprocycli ng.com

    • sovek@verizon.net
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008
        Capital Cross
        MAC series final / VA
        December 6, 2009

        chip

        Capital Cross Classic
        UCI - C2 Cyclocross in Washington DC
        MAC series final
        December 7, 2008
        potomacvelo.com

        Nov 20, 2008 10:35:52 AM, USAICO@yahoogroups.com wrote:

[...]

      • Renee Callaway
        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008
          We'd like to keep Mad Cross I and II (which will officially be called Planet Bike Cup I and II next year) on Sept 26-27 again this year.

          Thanks,
          Renee Callaway

          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008
            I think Southampton is ok on it's weekend.  We do have some flexibility with the town going later/sooner.  When is nationals

            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008
              Just to let everyone know, and this will be discussed at the meeting, but we
              will be sticking with a 2nd weekend in December nationals for the
              foreseeable future. More explanation at the meeting, but you can plan around
              that for next year.

              Also, I've created a Google Calendar for next year's schedule, and have been
              adding events as they come in. This will be so much easier to work with than
              a spreadsheet. I can quickly drag and drop items as things change, make
              edits, and you can see all the spacing of the races (and conflicts) at a
              glance.

              http://www.google.com/calendar/hosted/cycle-smart.com/embed?src=cycle-smart.
              com_c9vhukc2k2vhvii3i9h9tfbg1s%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_Y
              ork

              The URL is terrible, but if you start at Google Calendars and search for
              "North American UCI Cyclo-Cross Calendar" you will find it more easily.

              Adam

            • Gullickson, Marc
              Message 6 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008

                Miles,

                Nationals will be on either Dec 11-12 or Dec 18-19 next year.  The final date will depend on which venue is given the bid.

                Marc Gullickson

                Mountain Bike & Cyclo-Cross Program Director

                USA Cycling, Inc.

                mgullickson@...

                office 719-866-3233

                cell 719-571-0898

                Message 7 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008

                  We are looking for the Jingle Cross Triple Rock November 27th (C2), 28th (c1), 29th(c2)

                  John Meehan

                  The Jingle Cross Rock, Nov 29th and 30th 2008

                  www.JingleCrossRock.com

[...]

                  Children's Hospital and Regional Medical Center is now Seattle Children's.
                  Message 8 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008
                    Mark,

                    How soon do you think we'll have that info, for races scheduling around that
                    period?

                    We would obviously love to have that extra weekend to ease some of the
                    conflicts between Rhode Island, Reston, and Portland.

                    Adam

                    on 11/20/08 12:33 PM, Gullickson, Marc at mgullickson@... wrote:

                    > Miles,
                    >

                    > Nationals will be on either Dec 11-12 or Dec 18-19 next year. The final
                    > date will depend on which venue is given the bid.
                    >

                    > Marc Gullickson
                    >
                    > Mountain Bike & Cyclo-Cross Program Director
                    >
                    > USA Cycling, Inc.
                    >
                    > mgullickson@...
                    >
                    > office 719-866-3233
                    >
                    > cell 719-571-0898

                  • Gullickson, Marc

                      wrote:

                      > We'd like to keep Mad Cross I and II (which will officially be called
                      > Planet Bike Cup I and II next year) on Sept 26-27 again this year.
                      >

                      > Thanks,
                      >
                      > Renee Callaway
                      >

                      > ________________________________

                    • Meehan Jr., John
                      Message 10 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008

                        Who is in the running for Nats?

                        Nationals will be on either Dec 11-12 or Dec 18-19 next year.  The final date will depend on which venue is given the bid.

                        Marc Gullickson

                        Mountain Bike & Cyclo-Cross Program Director

                        USA Cycling, Inc.

                        mgullickson@ usacycling. org

                        office 719-866-3233

                        cell 719-571-0898

                        Message 11 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008

                          We have received three bids. It is a competitive bid process so I wil not disclose who the bids have come from but we are in the process of determining the National Championship location for 2009-10 and we will have a location announced shortly.

                          Justin Rogers

                          Message 12 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008

                            We plan on running the North Carolina Grand Prix, November 14-15, 2009.  But we have some flexibility.

                            Tim Hopkin

                            Henderson County Parks & Recreation

                            Message 13 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008
                              Here's what I think we're looking at in New England right now:

                              1. September 26, Vermont
                              2. September 27, Vermont
                              3. October 3, Gloucester
                              4. October 4, Gloucester
                              5. October 24, Maine
                              6. October 25, Maine
                              7. November 7, Northampton
                              8. November 8, Northampton
                              9. November 28, Sterling
                              10. December 5, Rhode Island
                              11. December 6, Rhode Island

                              We're discussing the possibility for a double weekend for Sterling right
                              now, and whether RI can move back one or even two weekends. I'll announce
                              changes as they get made.
                            • sovek
                              Message 14 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008
                                alan,

                                if you get any takers on the teleconference you can count me in.

                                chip
                                capital cross / VA

                                --------------------------

                                Alan Atwood wrote:

                                > Thanks for getting this started Adam. As always, your efforts are
                                > much appreciated by one and all.
                                >
                                > I will be happy to start the ball rolling on dates, as I wish to hold
                                > my C2 events in Williston, VT again on September 26th and 27th, 2009.
                                >
                                > Adam, I would be willing to host a teleconference for those that
                                > cannot attend the meeting at nationals; I for one will not be in KC as
                                > I have family obligations that weekend but can set up a
                                > tele-conference on say Friday night. If folks are interested in that
                                > let me know.
                                >
                                > Thanks,
                                > Alan

                                > To: USAICO@yahoogroups.com
                                > From: adam@...
                                > Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 10:28:51 -0500
                                > Subject: [USAICO] Schedule time, meeting
                                >

                                > Organizers,
                                >
                                > I know some of you haven't even had your events yet, but it's time to to
                                > start the conversations about dates and schedules in advance of our
                                > meeting
                                > on Friday, December 12th, and our inscription deadline of Monday the 15th.
                                >
                                > I know a few of us have already started talking internally about our plans
                                > for next season.
                                >
                                > One question I have for the list, is it time to include the Canadian
                                > organizers? Obviously we have similar concerns and have to consider those
                                > races now in our scheduling decisions. However, this list was primarily
                                > meant to function for those of us dealing with USAC as well. I'd welcome
                                > some input on that.
                                >
                                > I have my meeting minutes back from the last Commission meeting now, and
                                > that will be a major topic of discussion at our nationals meeting. If
                                > there
                                > are any items you'd like to see on the agenda, please submit them to me.
                                >
                                > Adam
                                > --
                                > Adam F. Myerson
                                > President, Cycle-Smart, Inc.: Solutions for Cycling
                                > Member, UCI Cyclo-Cross Commission
                                > Member, AIOC-Cross Management Committee
                                > Organizer, Cycle-Smart International Cyclo-Cross
                                > President, Verge New England Championship Cyclo-Cross Series
                                >
                                > 32 Ditson St., #5
                                > Dorchester, MA 02122
                                > (413) 204-3202 Mobile
                                > (617) 288-1460 Office
                                > (512) 681-7043 Fax
                                > +32 493 21 98 66 Belgium
                                > adam@... <mailto:adam@...>
                                > http://cycle-smart.com <http://cycle-smart.com/>
                                > http://cycle-smart.com/blog <http://cycle-smart.com/blog>
                                > http://timeprocycling.com <http://timeprocycling.com/>

                              • Jim Brown
                                Message 15 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008
                                  Starcrossed 9/19
                                  Rad GP 9/20

                                  Myerson <adam@cycle-smart. com>

                                  >> I know some of you haven't even had your events yet, but it's time
                                  to to
                                  >> start the conversations about dates and schedules in advance
                                  of our meeting
                                  >> on Friday, December 12th, and our inscription
                                  deadline of Monday the 15th.

                                  >> I know a few of us have
                                  already started talking internally about our plans
                                  >> for next
                                  season.

                                  >> One question I have for the list, is it time to
                                  include the Canadian
                                  >> organizers? Obviously we have similar concerns
                                  and have to consider those
                                  >> races now in our scheduling decisions.
                                  However, this list was primarily
                                  >> meant to function for those of us
                                  dealing with USAC as well. I'd welcome
                                  >> some input on
                                  that.

                                  >> I have my meeting minutes back from the last
                                  Commission meeting now, and
                                  >> that will be a major topic of discussion
                                  at our nationals meeting. If there
                                  >> are any items you'd like to see
                                  on the agenda, please submit them to me.

                                  Adam
                                  >> --
                                  >> Adam F. Myerson
                                  >> President,
                                  Cycle-Smart, Inc.: Solutions for Cycling
                                  >> Member, UCI Cyclo-Cross
                                  Commission
                                  >> Member, AIOC-Cross Management Committee

                                  >> President, Verge
                                  New England Championship Cyclo-Cross Series

                                  >> 32 Ditson
                                  St., #5
                                  >> Dorchester, MA 02122
                                  >> (413) 204-3202