Re: [USAICO] Schedule time, meeting

    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008
      Thanks for getting the ball rolling Adam.

      We'd again like the second weekend in October (Oct 9, 10, 11) for the Cincinnati triple weekend.

      Friday October 9th - Darkhorse Cyclo-Stampede C2, Burlington, KY
      Saturday October 10th - Java Johnny's C2, Middletown, OH
      Sunday October 11th - Harbin Park C1, Cincinnati, OH

      Thanks!

      Mitch Graham

      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008
        Granogue/Wissahickon
        17-18 October

        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008
          Capital Cross
          MAC series final / VA
          December 6, 2009

          chip

          Capital Cross Classic
          UCI - C2 Cyclocross in Washington DC
          MAC series final
          December 7, 2008
          potomacvelo.com

          Nov 20, 2008 10:35:52 AM, USAICO@yahoogroups.com wrote:

[...]

        • Renee Callaway
          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008
            We'd like to keep Mad Cross I and II (which will officially be called Planet Bike Cup I and II next year) on Sept 26-27 again this year.

            Thanks,
            Renee Callaway

            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008
              I think Southampton is ok on it's weekend.  We do have some flexibility with the town going later/sooner.  When is nationals

              Message 6 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008
                Just to let everyone know, and this will be discussed at the meeting, but we
                will be sticking with a 2nd weekend in December nationals for the
                foreseeable future. More explanation at the meeting, but you can plan around
                that for next year.

                Also, I've created a Google Calendar for next year's schedule, and have been
                adding events as they come in. This will be so much easier to work with than
                a spreadsheet. I can quickly drag and drop items as things change, make
                edits, and you can see all the spacing of the races (and conflicts) at a
                glance.

                http://www.google.com/calendar/hosted/cycle-smart.com/embed?src=cycle-smart.
                com_c9vhukc2k2vhvii3i9h9tfbg1s%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_Y
                ork

                The URL is terrible, but if you start at Google Calendars and search for
                "North American UCI Cyclo-Cross Calendar" you will find it more easily.

                Adam

              • Gullickson, Marc
                Message 7 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008

                  Miles,

                  Nationals will be on either Dec 11-12 or Dec 18-19 next year.  The final date will depend on which venue is given the bid.

                  Marc Gullickson

                  Mountain Bike & Cyclo-Cross Program Director

                  USA Cycling, Inc.

                  mgullickson@...

                  office 719-866-3233

                  cell 719-571-0898

                  Message 8 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008

                    We are looking for the Jingle Cross Triple Rock November 27th (C2), 28th (c1), 29th(c2)

                    John Meehan

                    The Jingle Cross Rock, Nov 29th and 30th 2008

                    www.JingleCrossRock.com

[...]

                    Children's Hospital and Regional Medical Center is now Seattle Children's.
                    Message 9 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008
                      Mark,

                      How soon do you think we'll have that info, for races scheduling around that
                      period?

                      We would obviously love to have that extra weekend to ease some of the
                      conflicts between Rhode Island, Reston, and Portland.

                      Adam

                      on 11/20/08 12:33 PM, Gullickson, Marc at mgullickson@... wrote:

                      > Miles,
                      >

                      > Nationals will be on either Dec 11-12 or Dec 18-19 next year. The final
                      > date will depend on which venue is given the bid.
                      >

                      > Marc Gullickson
                      >
                      > Mountain Bike & Cyclo-Cross Program Director
                      >
                      > USA Cycling, Inc.
                      >
                      > mgullickson@...
                      >
                      > office 719-866-3233
                      >
                      > cell 719-571-0898

                    • Gullickson, Marc

                        wrote:

                        > We'd like to keep Mad Cross I and II (which will officially be called
                        > Planet Bike Cup I and II next year) on Sept 26-27 again this year.
                        >

                        > Thanks,
                        >
                        > Renee Callaway
                        >

                        > ________________________________

                      • Meehan Jr., John
                        Message 11 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008

                          Who is in the running for Nats?

                          Nationals will be on either Dec 11-12 or Dec 18-19 next year.  The final date will depend on which venue is given the bid.

                          Marc Gullickson

                          Mountain Bike & Cyclo-Cross Program Director

                          USA Cycling, Inc.

                          mgullickson@ usacycling. org

                          office 719-866-3233

                          cell 719-571-0898

                          Message 12 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008

                            We have received three bids. It is a competitive bid process so I wil not disclose who the bids have come from but we are in the process of determining the National Championship location for 2009-10 and we will have a location announced shortly.

                            Justin Rogers

                            Message 13 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008

                              We plan on running the North Carolina Grand Prix, November 14-15, 2009.  But we have some flexibility.

                              Tim Hopkin

                              Henderson County Parks & Recreation

                              Message 14 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008
                                Here's what I think we're looking at in New England right now:

                                1. September 26, Vermont
                                2. September 27, Vermont
                                3. October 3, Gloucester
                                4. October 4, Gloucester
                                5. October 24, Maine
                                6. October 25, Maine
                                7. November 7, Northampton
                                8. November 8, Northampton
                                9. November 28, Sterling
                                10. December 5, Rhode Island
                                11. December 6, Rhode Island

                                We're discussing the possibility for a double weekend for Sterling right
                                now, and whether RI can move back one or even two weekends. I'll announce
                                changes as they get made.
                              • sovek
                                Message 15 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008
                                  alan,

                                  if you get any takers on the teleconference you can count me in.

                                  chip
                                  capital cross / VA

                                  --------------------------

                                  Alan Atwood wrote:

                                  > Thanks for getting this started Adam. As always, your efforts are
                                  > much appreciated by one and all.
                                  >
                                  > I will be happy to start the ball rolling on dates, as I wish to hold
                                  > my C2 events in Williston, VT again on September 26th and 27th, 2009.
                                  >
                                  > Adam, I would be willing to host a teleconference for those that
                                  > cannot attend the meeting at nationals; I for one will not be in KC as
                                  > I have family obligations that weekend but can set up a
                                  > tele-conference on say Friday night. If folks are interested in that
                                  > let me know.
                                  >
                                  > Thanks,
                                  > Alan

                                  > To: USAICO@yahoogroups.com
                                  > From: adam@...
                                  > Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 10:28:51 -0500
                                  > Subject: [USAICO] Schedule time, meeting
                                  >

                                  > Organizers,
                                  >
                                  > I know some of you haven't even had your events yet, but it's time to to
                                  > start the conversations about dates and schedules in advance of our
                                  > meeting
                                  > on Friday, December 12th, and our inscription deadline of Monday the 15th.
                                  >
                                  > I know a few of us have already started talking internally about our plans
                                  > for next season.
                                  >
                                  > One question I have for the list, is it time to include the Canadian
                                  > organizers? Obviously we have similar concerns and have to consider those
                                  > races now in our scheduling decisions. However, this list was primarily
                                  > meant to function for those of us dealing with USAC as well. I'd welcome
                                  > some input on that.
                                  >
                                  > I have my meeting minutes back from the last Commission meeting now, and
                                  > that will be a major topic of discussion at our nationals meeting. If
                                  > there
                                  > are any items you'd like to see on the agenda, please submit them to me.
                                  >
                                  > Adam
                                  > --
                                  > Adam F. Myerson
                                  > President, Cycle-Smart, Inc.: Solutions for Cycling
                                  > Member, UCI Cyclo-Cross Commission
                                  > Member, AIOC-Cross Management Committee
                                  > Organizer, Cycle-Smart International Cyclo-Cross
                                  > President, Verge New England Championship Cyclo-Cross Series
                                  >
                                  > 32 Ditson St., #5
                                  > Dorchester, MA 02122
                                  > (413) 204-3202 Mobile
                                  > (617) 288-1460 Office
                                  > (512) 681-7043 Fax
                                  > +32 493 21 98 66 Belgium
                                  > adam@... <mailto:adam@...>
                                  > http://cycle-smart.com <http://cycle-smart.com/>
                                  > http://cycle-smart.com/blog <http://cycle-smart.com/blog>
                                  > http://timeprocycling.com <http://timeprocycling.com/>

                                • Jim Brown
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008
                                    Starcrossed 9/19
                                    Rad GP 9/20

                                    Myerson <adam@cycle-smart. com>

                                    >> I know some of you haven't even had your events yet, but it's time
                                    to to
                                    >> start the conversations about dates and schedules in advance
                                    of our meeting
                                    >> on Friday, December 12th, and our inscription
                                    deadline of Monday the 15th.

                                    >> I know a few of us have
                                    already started talking internally about our plans
                                    >> for next
                                    season.

                                    >> One question I have for the list, is it time to
                                    include the Canadian
                                    >> organizers? Obviously we have similar concerns
                                    and have to consider those
                                    >> races now in our scheduling decisions.
                                    However, this list was primarily
                                    >> meant to function for those of us
                                    dealing with USAC as well. I'd welcome
                                    >> some input on
                                    that.

                                    >> I have my meeting minutes back from the last
                                    Commission meeting now, and
                                    >> that will be a major topic of discussion
                                    at our nationals meeting. If there
                                    >> are any items you'd like to see
                                    on the agenda, please submit them to me.

                                    Adam
                                    >> --
                                    >> Adam F. Myerson
                                    >> President,
                                    Cycle-Smart, Inc.: Solutions for Cycling
                                    >> Member, UCI Cyclo-Cross
                                    Commission
                                    >> Member, AIOC-Cross Management Committee

                                    >> President, Verge
                                    New England Championship Cyclo-Cross Series

                                    >> 32 Ditson
                                    St., #5
                                    >> Dorchester, MA 02122
                                    >> (413) 204-3202