Schedule time, meeting

    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008

      I know some of you haven't even had your events yet, but it's time to to
      start the conversations about dates and schedules in advance of our meeting
      on Friday, December 12th, and our inscription deadline of Monday the 15th.

      I know a few of us have already started talking internally about our plans
      for next season.

      One question I have for the list, is it time to include the Canadian
      organizers? Obviously we have similar concerns and have to consider those
      races now in our scheduling decisions. However, this list was primarily
      meant to function for those of us dealing with USAC as well. I'd welcome
      some input on that.

      I have my meeting minutes back from the last Commission meeting now, and
      that will be a major topic of discussion at our nationals meeting. If there
      are any items you'd like to see on the agenda, please submit them to me.

      President, Cycle-Smart, Inc.: Solutions for Cycling
      Member, UCI Cyclo-Cross Commission
      Member, AIOC-Cross Management Committee
      President, Verge New England Championship Cyclo-Cross Series

      (617) 288-1460 Office
      (512) 681-7043 Fax
      +32 493 21 98 66 Belgium
      http://cycle-smart.com/blog
      http://timeprocycling.com
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008
        Thanks for getting this started Adam.  As always, your efforts are much appreciated by one and all.

        I will be happy to start the ball rolling on dates, as I wish to hold my C2 events in Williston, VT again on September 26th and 27th, 2009.

        Adam, I would be willing to host a teleconference for those that cannot attend the meeting at nationals; I for one will not be in KC as I have family obligations that weekend but can set up a tele-conference on say Friday night.  If folks are interested in that let me know.

        To: USAICO@yahoogroups.com
        From: adam@...
        Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 10:28:51 -0500
        Subject: [USAICO] Schedule time, meeting

        Organizers,

        adam@cycle-smart. com
        http://cycle- smart.com
        http://cycle- smart.com/ blog
        http://timeprocycli ng.com

        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008
          Thanks for getting the ball rolling Adam.

          We'd again like the second weekend in October (Oct 9, 10, 11) for the Cincinnati triple weekend.

          Friday October 9th - Darkhorse Cyclo-Stampede C2, Burlington, KY
          Saturday October 10th - Java Johnny's C2, Middletown, OH
          Sunday October 11th - Harbin Park C1, Cincinnati, OH

          Thanks!

          Mitch Graham

          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008
            Granogue/Wissahickon
            17-18 October

            From: Adam Myerson <adam@...>
            Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 10:28:51 -0500
            To: USAICO<USAICO@yahoogroups.com>

            Organizers,

          • sovek@verizon.net
            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008
              Capital Cross
              MAC series final / VA
              December 6, 2009

              chip

              Capital Cross Classic
              UCI - C2 Cyclocross in Washington DC
              MAC series final
              December 7, 2008
              potomacvelo.com

              Nov 20, 2008 10:35:52 AM, USAICO@yahoogroups.com wrote:

              Organizers,

[...]

            • Renee Callaway
              Message 6 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008
                We'd like to keep Mad Cross I and II (which will officially be called Planet Bike Cup I and II next year) on Sept 26-27 again this year.

                Thanks,
                Renee Callaway

                Message 7 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008
                  I think Southampton is ok on it's weekend.  We do have some flexibility with the town going later/sooner.  When is nationals

                  Message 8 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008
                    Just to let everyone know, and this will be discussed at the meeting, but we
                    will be sticking with a 2nd weekend in December nationals for the
                    foreseeable future. More explanation at the meeting, but you can plan around
                    that for next year.

                    Also, I've created a Google Calendar for next year's schedule, and have been
                    adding events as they come in. This will be so much easier to work with than
                    a spreadsheet. I can quickly drag and drop items as things change, make
                    edits, and you can see all the spacing of the races (and conflicts) at a
                    glance.

                    http://www.google.com/calendar/hosted/cycle-smart.com/embed?src=cycle-smart.
                    com_c9vhukc2k2vhvii3i9h9tfbg1s%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_Y
                    ork

                    The URL is terrible, but if you start at Google Calendars and search for
                    "North American UCI Cyclo-Cross Calendar" you will find it more easily.

                    Adam

                  • Gullickson, Marc
                    Message 9 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008

                      Miles,

                      Nationals will be on either Dec 11-12 or Dec 18-19 next year.  The final date will depend on which venue is given the bid.

                      Marc Gullickson

                      Mountain Bike & Cyclo-Cross Program Director

                      USA Cycling, Inc.

                      mgullickson@...

                      office 719-866-3233

                      cell 719-571-0898

                      Message 10 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008

                        We are looking for the Jingle Cross Triple Rock November 27th (C2), 28th (c1), 29th(c2)

                        John Meehan

                        The Jingle Cross Rock, Nov 29th and 30th 2008

                        www.JingleCrossRock.com

[...]

                        Children's Hospital and Regional Medical Center is now Seattle Children's.
                        Message 11 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008
                          Mark,

                          How soon do you think we'll have that info, for races scheduling around that
                          period?

                          We would obviously love to have that extra weekend to ease some of the
                          conflicts between Rhode Island, Reston, and Portland.

                          Adam

                          on 11/20/08 12:33 PM, Gullickson, Marc at mgullickson@... wrote:

                          > Miles,
                          >

                          > Nationals will be on either Dec 11-12 or Dec 18-19 next year. The final
                          > date will depend on which venue is given the bid.
                          >

                          > Marc Gullickson
                          >
                          > Mountain Bike & Cyclo-Cross Program Director
                          >
                          > USA Cycling, Inc.
                          >
                          > mgullickson@...
                          >
                          > office 719-866-3233
                          >
                          > cell 719-571-0898

                        • Gullickson, Marc

                            wrote:

                            > We'd like to keep Mad Cross I and II (which will officially be called
                            > Planet Bike Cup I and II next year) on Sept 26-27 again this year.
                            >

                            > Thanks,
                            >
                            > Renee Callaway
                            >

                            > ________________________________

                          • Meehan Jr., John
                            Message 13 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008

                              Who is in the running for Nats?

                              Nationals will be on either Dec 11-12 or Dec 18-19 next year.  The final date will depend on which venue is given the bid.

                              Marc Gullickson

                              Mountain Bike & Cyclo-Cross Program Director

                              USA Cycling, Inc.

                              mgullickson@ usacycling. org

                              office 719-866-3233

                              cell 719-571-0898

                              Message 14 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008

                                We have received three bids. It is a competitive bid process so I wil not disclose who the bids have come from but we are in the process of determining the National Championship location for 2009-10 and we will have a location announced shortly.

                                Justin Rogers

                                Message 15 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008

                                  We plan on running the North Carolina Grand Prix, November 14-15, 2009.  But we have some flexibility.

                                  Tim Hopkin

                                  Henderson County Parks & Recreation

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008
                                    Here's what I think we're looking at in New England right now:

                                    1. September 26, Vermont
                                    2. September 27, Vermont
                                    3. October 3, Gloucester
                                    4. October 4, Gloucester
                                    5. October 24, Maine
                                    6. October 25, Maine
                                    7. November 7, Northampton
                                    8. November 8, Northampton
                                    9. November 28, Sterling
                                    10. December 5, Rhode Island
                                    11. December 6, Rhode Island

                                    We're discussing the possibility for a double weekend for Sterling right
                                    now, and whether RI can move back one or even two weekends. I'll announce
                                    changes as they get made.
                                  • sovek
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008
                                      alan,

                                      if you get any takers on the teleconference you can count me in.

                                      chip
                                      capital cross / VA

                                      --------------------------

                                      Alan Atwood wrote:

                                      > Thanks for getting this started Adam. As always, your efforts are
                                      > much appreciated by one and all.
                                      >
                                      > I will be happy to start the ball rolling on dates, as I wish to hold
                                      > my C2 events in Williston, VT again on September 26th and 27th, 2009.
                                      >
                                      > Adam, I would be willing to host a teleconference for those that
                                      > cannot attend the meeting at nationals; I for one will not be in KC as
                                      > I have family obligations that weekend but can set up a
                                      > tele-conference on say Friday night. If folks are interested in that
                                      > let me know.
                                      >
                                      > Thanks,
                                      > Alan

                                      > To: USAICO@yahoogroups.com
                                      > From: adam@...
                                      > Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 10:28:51 -0500
                                      > Subject: [USAICO] Schedule time, meeting
                                      >

                                      > Organizers,
                                      >
                                      > I know some of you haven't even had your events yet, but it's time to to
                                      > start the conversations about dates and schedules in advance of our
                                      > meeting
                                      > on Friday, December 12th, and our inscription deadline of Monday the 15th.
                                      >
                                      > I know a few of us have already started talking internally about our plans
                                      > for next season.
                                      >
                                      > One question I have for the list, is it time to include the Canadian
                                      > organizers? Obviously we have similar concerns and have to consider those
                                      > races now in our scheduling decisions. However, this list was primarily
                                      > meant to function for those of us dealing with USAC as well. I'd welcome
                                      > some input on that.
                                      >
                                      > I have my meeting minutes back from the last Commission meeting now, and
                                      > that will be a major topic of discussion at our nationals meeting. If
                                      > there
                                      > are any items you'd like to see on the agenda, please submit them to me.
                                      >
                                      > Adam
                                      > --
                                      > Adam F. Myerson
                                      > President, Cycle-Smart, Inc.: Solutions for Cycling
                                      > Member, UCI Cyclo-Cross Commission
                                      > Member, AIOC-Cross Management Committee
                                      > Organizer, Cycle-Smart International Cyclo-Cross
                                      > President, Verge New England Championship Cyclo-Cross Series
                                      >
                                      > 32 Ditson St., #5
                                      > Dorchester, MA 02122
                                      > (413) 204-3202 Mobile
                                      > (617) 288-1460 Office
                                      > (512) 681-7043 Fax
                                      > +32 493 21 98 66 Belgium
                                      > adam@... <mailto:adam@...>
                                      > http://cycle-smart.com <http://cycle-smart.com/>
                                      > http://cycle-smart.com/blog <http://cycle-smart.com/blog>
                                      > http://timeprocycling.com <http://timeprocycling.com/>

                                    • Jim Brown
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Nov 20, 2008
                                        Starcrossed 9/19
                                        Rad GP 9/20

                                        Myerson <adam@cycle-smart. com>

                                        >> I know some of you haven't even had your events yet, but it's time
                                        to to
                                        >> start the conversations about dates and schedules in advance
                                        of our meeting
                                        >> on Friday, December 12th, and our inscription
                                        deadline of Monday the 15th.

                                        >> I know a few of us have
                                        already started talking internally about our plans
                                        >> for next
                                        season.

                                        >> One question I have for the list, is it time to
                                        include the Canadian
                                        >> organizers? Obviously we have similar concerns
                                        and have to consider those
                                        >> races now in our scheduling decisions.
                                        However, this list was primarily
                                        >> meant to function for those of us
                                        dealing with USAC as well. I'd welcome
                                        >> some input on
                                        that.

                                        >> I have my meeting minutes back from the last
                                        Commission meeting now, and
                                        >> that will be a major topic of discussion
                                        at our nationals meeting. If there
                                        >> are any items you'd like to see
                                        on the agenda, please submit them to me.

                                        Adam
                                        >> --
                                        >> Adam F. Myerson
                                        >> President,
                                        Cycle-Smart, Inc.: Solutions for Cycling
                                        >> Member, UCI Cyclo-Cross
                                        Commission
                                        >> Member, AIOC-Cross Management Committee

                                        >> President, Verge
                                        New England Championship Cyclo-Cross Series

                                        >> 32 Ditson
                                        St., #5
                                        >> Dorchester, MA 02122
                                        >> (413) 204-3202