Junior class

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2008

      I wanted to confirm for you that if you are interested in having a UCI
      Junior race for 17-18 year olds, the UCI will allow you to add that class to
      your inscription for this season.

      Things to note:

      -The 17-18 race must be the ONLY race on the course at that time. You may
      run other junior classes, but not concurrently.

      -You have to pay the UCI prize list for juniors. Approximately $1085 - 15
      deep.

      -We must submit them all as a group, to USA Cycling first, who will then
      submit them to the UCI. It can't be done one at a time.

      So, my suggestion is that there should be more discussion about which races
      this makes sense for. Justin should set a deadline for those events who want
      to add a junior race, and then he will be the one who submits those changes
      to the UCI, all at once. Anyone not on board by the deadline will not be
      included after the fact.

      We absolutely want to prevent a points chase scenario for the juniors, so we
      have to think long and hard about who can add this class, and for whom it
      makes sense to do so with the juniors in mind.

      President, Cycle-Smart, Inc.: Solutions for Cycling
      Member, UCI Cyclo-Cross Commission
      Member, AIOC-Cross Management Committee
      President, Verge New England Championship Cyclo-Cross Series

      (617) 288-1460 Office
      (512) 681-7043 Fax
      499 12 63 29 Belgium
      http://cycle-smart.com/blog