Organizers' meeting at nationals

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2007

      As usual, we're planning on having an annual meeting at nationals on
      Saturday evening at the race hotel. Bill Marshall is kindly working on
      securing a room for us right now, but you can tentatively plan on a 7 or 8
      pm start. I will update you on the exact location and time as soon as Bill
      hears back.

      Plan on 1 hour or so, and feel free to suggest any agenda items you'd like
      to see discussed. I don't have any burning issues right now, other than
      perhaps to review the meeting minutes from the most recent Commission
      meeting. I'm not allowed to distribute them, but I am free to discuss the
      topics.

      The two biggest things I noted is that we are officially free to continue to
      charge entry fees in elite races, and it is supported in the UCI rules, and
      it appears we will no longer be paying a reduced prize list in the US and
      Canada. Next year it looks like we will be responsible for the same prize
      list that Europe pays for C1 and 2 events.

      Kelly, you're our financial guru. What kind of increase would that have
      meant for us this past season?

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2007
        Sadly I will not be able to make the meeting.  Apologies to all.   If Alan atwood is able to attend nationals, I will get the official report to him, and have him ask any questions we have.

      • kjc
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 7, 2007
          Based on the 2007 FO's for Europe, it appears that a C1 would roughly double in cost and C2 would be basically identical to what we paid this year.

          Note:  I did this calculation quickly and it should not be used as a reference.