Re: [USAICO] North Carolina Grand Prix

    Message 1 of 26 , Nov 6, 2007
      Shite!
      I forgot about the VERGE RI events on 12/6-7.
      It was my understanding/impression from Justin last year that USAC/UCI would not go for three UCI events on the same weekend.
      I am not a big fan of NE & MAC competing either.
      Does RI have date flexibility?

      Message 2 of 26 , Nov 6, 2007
        Jupiter has more hills than we do, and it's better populated. But have good pork here....Jupiter don't got that

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 26 , Nov 6, 2007
          I'm not sure about that restriction, but it happens a lot in Europe. Why
          can't it happen on this continent?

          http://www.cyclingnews.com/cross.php?id=cross/cross07-08

          If there are races in Switzerland, Belgium, and Italy, all on the same day,
          why can't there be races in the Northwest, Northeast, and southern MAC on
          the same day? We have the regional ridership to support it. The best riders
          will go to the best races.

          It's not ideal, but I'm not in favor of restricting racing opportunities and
          putting money in riders' pockets by telling an organizer who has the budget
          and desire "no". I think it should be up to the organizer to decide if
          that's the risk they want to take with their race.

          Let me ask you this; if nationals were in January, would organizers fill the
          gap with races in December, rather than conflicting?

          Adam

        • Meehan, John
          Message 4 of 26 , Nov 6, 2007
            yes

            ________________________________

            http://www.cyclingnews.com/cross.php?id=cross/cross07-08 <http://www.cyclingnews.com/cross.php?id=cross/cross07-08>

            Message 5 of 26 , Nov 6, 2007
              We could certainly try to do stuff in Dec.. For our application we need top pros.  It's what our sponsors want to see, and what our travel scenario almost mandates.

              (elites are what we do here, keep in mind our B field was smaller than Adam's kids field last sunday)
              (also keep in mind that freaking kids field was huge.  it wsa like a whole gradeshool on wheels. nice work!)

              For us the only bad week is christmas week, when everyone is in Europe racing all the freaking time.
              Of course, if a band of NE promoters got together and put on a UCI race each night for a week.......

              Nationals in january.  Very do able for most of hte country.  If it snows, either plow it, or blow it, or leave it.  We plowed a whole course one year for states.
              It looked so freakin cool.

              Also.  I think the absolute biggest strength of the cross scene thus far has been the common ground between most promoters here.  Everyone has worked fairly well together to make a cohesive calendar that flows well.  The presence of huge races liket he gp's and wc's, does sort of add an X factor into the mix, although with gp dates set fairly well in advance this year, ( i think) that's a lot easier.

              I also think that it's a good idea to get in the pattern of developing races stateside in January.  Who knows, someone may be dumb enough to host a big race late in the month.

              Message 6 of 26 , Nov 6, 2007
                Isn't there some rule governing the presence of multiple uci 1's on the same day?

                Message 7 of 26 , Nov 6, 2007
                  5.1.004 International cyclo-cross races are registered on the international
                  calendar in accordance with the
                  folowing classification:
                  - world championships (CM)
                  - world cup (WC)
                  - world masters championships (WMC)
                  - continental championships (CC)
                  - class 1 events (C1)
                  - class 2 events (C2)
                  The allocation of classes shall be carried out annually by the UCI
                  management committee.
                  However an event will only given class 1 status if the previous season¹s
                  race had 10 foreign riders
                  starting, representing at least 5 different nationalities.
                  (Article introduced on 1.09.06).
                  Protection of the dates
                  5.1.005 No other international cyclo-cross event may be organised on the
                  same days as the world champi-
                  onships.
                  No class 1 event may be held on the same day as a UCI world cup event.
                  No class 2 event may be held on the same day as a UCI world cup event in the
                  same country.

                  Message 8 of 26 , Nov 6, 2007
                    Are these rules or guidelines or both or neither?

                    http://mail.yahoo.com

                    Message 9 of 26 , Nov 6, 2007
                      It depends on who you're asking, when, and why.

                      If you're wondering about the 10 foreign riders to be a C1, no, the UCI has
                      not held us to that standard yet.

                      Adam

                    • joan hanscom
                      Message 10 of 26 , Nov 6, 2007
                        Hi all,

                        Right now the dates we are proposing for the 2008 USGP are as follows:

                        November 1st and 2nd - Louisville, KY
                        November 15 and 16 - Mercer Co. NJ
                        and
                        December 6th and 7th - Portland, OR

                        We're hopeful that all our events will be C1 next year and as Robin mentioned in her earlier email we are still pending approval of dates with venues in a couple locations.

                        Cheers!

                        joan

                        on 11/6/07 4:06 PM, Mitch Graham at mitch_biowheels@yahoo.com wrote:

                        > Are these rules or guidelines or both or neither?
                        >
                        > Adam Myerson <adam@cycle-smart.com> wrote:
                        > 5.1.004 International cyclo-cross races are registered on the international
                        > calendar in accordance with the
                        > folowing classification:
                        > - world championships (CM)
                        > - world cup (WC)
                        > - world masters championships (WMC)
                        > - continental championships (CC)
                        > - class 1 events (C1)
                        > - class 2 events (C2)
                        > The allocation of classes shall be carried out annually by the UCI
                        > management committee.
                        > However an event will only given class 1 status if the previous season¹s
                        > race had 10 foreign riders
                        > starting, representing at least 5 different nationalities.
                        > (Article introduced on 1.09.06).
                        > Protection of the dates
                        > 5.1.005 No other international cyclo-cross event may be organised on the
                        > same days as the world champi-
                        > onships.
                        > No class 1 event may be held on the same day as a UCI world cup event.
                        > No class 2 event may be held on the same day as a UCI world cup event in the
                        > same country.
                        > (Article introduced on 1.09.06).
                        >
                        > on 11/6/07 3:35 PM, myles romanow at bikeguy11968@yahoo.com wrote:
                        >
                        >> Isn't there some rule governing the presence of multiple uci 1's on the same
                        >> day?

                        Joan Hanscom
                        USGP of Cyclocross - Event Marketing Director
                        SKYPE ME:  JoanHan16
                        Office: 484.461.5171
                        Mobile: 484.995.0547

                        Message 11 of 26 , Nov 6, 2007
                          Thanks, Joan.

                          I have an e-mail in right now to Look Park, asking if I can go on the
                          25-26th of October.

                          This might work out really well for me, as it will get me off of the Boulder
                          weekend. It might mean Chris will want to go one weekend later himself.

                          Adam

                          Message 12 of 26 , Nov 6, 2007
                            Ah, never mind for me going earlier. Haunted Train Ride the weekend before
                            Halloween at Look Park. I may be stuck on my date.

                            Adam

                            Message 13 of 26 , Nov 6, 2007
                              At this point it would appear that whitmore's is moving to Nov 22rd 23rd.  If there is not a world cup effort in North America this year, we will speak about moving the event, or doing another  event the WC weekend to fill the hole in the north american calendar.

                              href="mailto:mitch_biowheels%40yahoo.com" target=_blank rel=nofollow ymailto="mailto:mitch_biowheels%40yahoo.com">mitch_biowheels@ yahoo.com wrote:

                              >>> international
                              classes shall be carried out annually by the UCI
                              >>> season¹s
                              >>> on the
                              >>> event.
                              >>> event in the