RE: [USAICO] 2008-9 Schedule

  • Bill Marshall
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007
    • Rogers, Justin
      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007

        We will have to request a variance from the UCI (as we do every year) but yes that is the date we are planning on.

        Justin

        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007
          My expectation is that it will stay on the 3rd weekend of December, on the
          20/21st.

          Adam

          on 11/6/07 12:42 PM, Mike Hebe at mikehebe@... wrote:

          > Will Nats be 12/13-14 weekend or 12/20-21 weekend for '08?
          > Hebe

        • wade hess
          Message 4 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007
               I'm up for keeping Beacon & Highland Park back to back. The only weekend that Beacon cannot be on is the Saturday before Holloween. Bridgeton City has a big Holloween event in the park that day.
              Wade

            Message 5 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007
              Ah, I spoke too soon.

              Why a weekend earlier? In my opinion, it means we have one weekend less to
              work with when looking at the season as a whole, and we've already got more
              races than weekends.

              Adam

              Message 6 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007
                I just took a second look at the actual week numbers, and I see that while
                it's the 3rd weekend of December on the 20/21, it's actually a week later,
                on week 51.

                I still think that extra week would help us, but I realize that the weekend
                of the 14th is the 50th week, same as this year.

              • Rogers, Justin
                Message 7 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007

                  Due to the impact the holidays have on travel. As crazy as it sounds there is a big difference in price and availability on December 17th compared to December 22nd due to the Holiday rush. The closer you get to December 24-25 the harder travel becomes.

                  Justin

                  on 11/6/07 1:34 PM, Rogers, Justin at jrogers@usacycling. org wrote:

                  > We will have to request a variance from the UCI (as we do every year)
                  > but yes that is the date we are planning on.
                  >

                  > Justin
                  >

                  > ____________ _________ _________ __

                  w:st="on">KS 66204

                  href="http://www.klmmarketingsolutions.com">http://www.klmmarke tingsolutions. com>

                  Message 8 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007
                    Wade, I don't see why you and Craig can't stay on the 8/9 of November, week
                    45, same as this year. At least as it stands now.

                    Thanks!

                    Adam

                    Message 9 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007
                      I have two thoughts on this one.

                      First, isn't the weekend of the 12th Oct an alleged world cup? Again I'm a little rusty with the whole calendar week issue, so I may be wrong.

                      Or is that the week of gloucester which puts the world cup the weekend of the 1st...?
                      Our own events are being planned now.  Currently we intend to do two races in one weekend, one being a continental championship (if that all goes well), and one being a C1 event.    Questions are... When?

                      We enjoy being the weekend before any Large east coast event; it helps draw left coasters to our event that hang our for a week.  Possibly same deal with Ohio, I know people went from here to there this year.

                      Other questions, is it smart to have such a large event so early?  Should we float out to later in the calendar? (and I'm posing those to the list.)

                      Realistically, our weather patterns are 80% snow free till christmas, typically sunny temps 40-50's. Good parking, town access, etc.  Realistically it's better for us to be located later in the schedule; as a seasonal community stuff is generally more available further away from labor day (but we haven't had problems thus far..)

                      There is a half ironman triathlon that sucks up tonnes of infrastructure out here, I have spoken with the promoter and am attempting to convince him to do it the same weekend as Gloucester (whenever that is..).  Other than that, we are currently the only ones that use this section of the park, so we have free reign.

                      That's what i know.  As per my usual fashion, it really isn't much.  Thoughts ???

                      Message 10 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007
                        Per the UCI pre-calendar that came in the inscription packet, the first
                        World Cup, wherever it ends up being, is scheduled for October 5, 2008. Your
                        weekend.

                        on 11/6/07 3:23 PM, myles romanow at bikeguy11968@... wrote:

                        > I have two thoughts on this one.
                        >
                        > First, isn't the weekend of the 12th Oct an alleged world cup? Again I'm a
                        > little rusty with the whole calendar week issue, so I may be wrong.
                        >
                        > Or is that the week of gloucester which puts the world cup the weekend of the
                        > 1st...?
                        >
                        > Our own events are being planned now. Currently we intend to do two races in
                        > one weekend, one being a continental championship (if that all goes well), and
                        > one being a C1 event. Questions are... When?
                        >
                        > We enjoy being the weekend before any Large east coast event; it helps draw
                        > left coasters to our event that hang our for a week. Possibly same deal with
                        > Ohio, I know people went from here to there this year.
                        >
                        > Other questions, is it smart to have such a large event so early? Should we
                        > float out to later in the calendar? (and I'm posing those to the list.)
                        >
                        > Realistically, our weather patterns are 80% snow free till christmas,
                        > typically sunny temps 40-50's. Good parking, town access, etc. Realistically
                        > it's better for us to be located later in the schedule; as a seasonal
                        > community stuff is generally more available further away from labor day (but
                        > we haven't had problems thus far..)
                        >
                        > There is a half ironman triathlon that sucks up tonnes of infrastructure out
                        > here, I have spoken with the promoter and am attempting to convince him to do
                        > it the same weekend as Gloucester (whenever that is..). Other than that, we
                        > are currently the only ones that use this section of the park, so we have free
                        > reign.
                        >

                        > That's what i know. As per my usual fashion, it really isn't much. Thoughts
                        > ???

                      • Douglas Dobrozsi
                        Message 11 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007
                          I always thought the weekend in Jan. when the Europeans are doing their national championships would be a good weekend for a North American Continental Championship.  January 10/11 2009.

                          On 11/6/07, myles romanow <bikeguy11968@...

                          Message 12 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007

                            Starcrossed Sept 20

                            Rad Racing GP Sept 21

                            On 11/6/07, myles romanow <bikeguy11968@ yahoo.com

                            Message 13 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007
                              murmurmurmurmur.  Is a world cup happening or what?  Will it be another suspensfull spring for Myles?

                              -Advantage of doing a CC early... Lots of points SOON.  A top rider could conceivably win, move to Belgium, and start front row for a while.. it's 150 pts to win.. Assuming the wint he following days race, or at least place well, that's bookoo points.  Good advantage to Americas racers.

                              -Advantage to doing it late...calendar non conflict?
                              -Disadvantage-turnout.  No one would go past nationals.. or woudl they?