2008-9 Schedule

    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007
      Folks,

      It's already that time. We need to start talking about next season's
      schedule.

      You should all have already received inscription forms from the UCI via
      e-mail. If you haven't, please let Justin Rogers or myself know.

      As usual, I'm hoping that for the most part, people stay on the same dates.
      Some priorities or issues I'd like to keep in mind for next year's schedule
      are:

      1. Real confirmation that there is going to be a World Cup, and that we
      should actually plan around it.
      2. No major conflicts with the USGP events
      3. USGP goes to C1 all around next year
      4. Getting a continental championships with Myles in Long Island or Chris
      Grealish in Boulder, both of whom have expressed interest.
      5. No geographical conflicts, especially between the Mid-Atlantic and New
      England. I am considering geographical conflicts as 2 UCI races that are
      driving distance from each other, 6-8 hours. As the calendar gets more full,
      it may be down to just no conflicts within a single region.
      6. New growth back to the first weekend of September in colder climates
      (Northeast), and post-nationals in warmer/milder ones (Southeast, Southwest,
      CA, even the Northwest).

      Personally, I want to work with Chris Grealish to try to resolve our date
      conflict, and I'd also like to make my race 2 days next year.

      Alright, let's hear from folks, and we'll start to assemble the initial
      draft and work out whatever conflicts we need to.

      Adam
    • robin morton
      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007

        Thanks for the update.

        This is great.

        Robin Morton

        g4 Productions LLC

        908 832 6909 office

        908 832 6839 fax

        484 643 3534 mobile **  (PLEASE NOTE NEW NUMBER)

        rmorton@...

        www.g4events.com

        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007
          Also, please send your info back to the list, and not just to me!

          My goal is for us to be sharing info, and for me to moderate the discussion;
          not for me to be the only one with the info and for everyone to have to go
          through me to get it.

          Thanks!

          Adam

          on 11/6/07 9:53 AM, Adam Myerson at adam@... wrote:

          > Folks,
          >
          > It's already that time. We need to start talking about next season's schedule.
          >
          > You should all have already received inscription forms from the UCI via
          > e-mail. If you haven't, please let Justin Rogers or myself know.
          >
          > As usual, I'm hoping that for the most part, people stay on the same dates.
          > Some priorities or issues I'd like to keep in mind for next year's schedule
          > are:
          >
          > 1. Real confirmation that there is going to be a World Cup, and that we should
          > actually plan around it.
          > 2. No major conflicts with the USGP events
          > 3. USGP goes to C1 all around next year
          > 4. Getting a continental championships with Myles in Long Island or Chris
          > Grealish in Boulder, both of whom have expressed interest.
          > 5. No geographical conflicts, especially between the Mid-Atlantic and New
          > England. I am considering geographical conflicts as 2 UCI races that are
          > driving distance from each other, 6-8 hours. As the calendar gets more full,
          > it may be down to just no conflicts within a single region.
          > 6. New growth back to the first weekend of September in colder climates
          > (Northeast), and post-nationals in warmer/milder ones (Southeast, Southwest,
          > CA, even the Northwest).
          >
          > Personally, I want to work with Chris Grealish to try to resolve our date
          > conflict, and I'd also like to make my race 2 days next year.
          >
          > Alright, let's hear from folks, and we'll start to assemble the initial draft
          > and work out whatever conflicts we need to.
          >
          > Adam
        • paullybecvcross
          Message 4 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007
            Hi Adam,

            We're currently trying to determine the Gloucester weekend. We'd like to stay on our
            weekend - the second weekend in October. However in 2008 that falls on Columbus Day
            and the City has wanted us to stay off that weekend. My preference, if we can't do 11-12
            October, would be to have the previous weekend 4 & 5 October.

            Of course the WC is the big question mark.......

            -paul

            ______________

            Paul Boudreau
            Race Director
            Gran Prix of Gloucester
            e paul@...
            w gpgloucester.com
            aim paullybnikon

            Message 5 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007
              We're working on a UCI triple down here in the Ohio Valley for our second weekend of October 2008.  If all goes to plan, it would look like this for:

              Wednesday Oct 8 - Darkhorse UCI, Burlington, KY (C2)
              Saturday Oct 11 - Java Johnny's, Middletown, OH (C2)
              Sunday Oct 12 - BioWheels/United Dairy Farmers, Cincinnati, OH (C1)

              Thanks,
              Mitch Graham
              BioWheels

              http://mail.yahoo.com

              Message 6 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007
                Despite my having to cancel this year, I'm still looking at having a double in Vermont for the 2008 season.  My preferred weekend would be September 27th and 28th, 2008, with secondary being September 20th and 21st, 2008.

                Justin, can you send me inscription forms please; I have yet to receive them from the UCI.

                To: USAICO@yahoogroups.com
                CC: Bcourier@...

                Message 7 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007

                  Last year at Nationals Steve Johnson and Justin Rogers presented the idea that in 2008 the WC selection process would prospectively move to a NRC point type of process, since 2007 is USGP’s last year with the selection contract.

                  If this be the case, then there are lots of questions, and scheduling will be effected.

                  Is there word from USAC on what is going to happen?????

                  Justin???

                  Message 8 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007
                    Will Nats be 12/13-14 weekend or 12/20-21 weekend for '08?

                    Message 9 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007
                    • Rogers, Justin
                      Message 10 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007

                        We will have to request a variance from the UCI (as we do every year) but yes that is the date we are planning on.

                        Justin

                        As of right now I have it listed as the 11th-14th unless Justin tells me otherwise. Justin???

                        Bill Marshall

                        KLM Marketing Solutions

                        7400 Beverly

                        Overland Park, KS 66204

                        www.klmmarketingsol utions.com

                        Message 11 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007
                          My expectation is that it will stay on the 3rd weekend of December, on the
                          20/21st.

                          Adam

                          on 11/6/07 12:42 PM, Mike Hebe at mikehebe@... wrote:

                          > Will Nats be 12/13-14 weekend or 12/20-21 weekend for '08?
                          > Hebe

                        • wade hess
                          Message 12 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007
                               I'm up for keeping Beacon & Highland Park back to back. The only weekend that Beacon cannot be on is the Saturday before Holloween. Bridgeton City has a big Holloween event in the park that day.
                              Wade

                            Message 13 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007
                              Ah, I spoke too soon.

                              Why a weekend earlier? In my opinion, it means we have one weekend less to
                              work with when looking at the season as a whole, and we've already got more
                              races than weekends.

                              Adam

                              Message 14 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007
                                I just took a second look at the actual week numbers, and I see that while
                                it's the 3rd weekend of December on the 20/21, it's actually a week later,
                                on week 51.

                                I still think that extra week would help us, but I realize that the weekend
                                of the 14th is the 50th week, same as this year.

                              • Rogers, Justin
                                Message 15 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007

                                  Due to the impact the holidays have on travel. As crazy as it sounds there is a big difference in price and availability on December 17th compared to December 22nd due to the Holiday rush. The closer you get to December 24-25 the harder travel becomes.

                                  Justin

                                  on 11/6/07 1:34 PM, Rogers, Justin at jrogers@usacycling. org wrote:

                                  > We will have to request a variance from the UCI (as we do every year)
                                  > but yes that is the date we are planning on.
                                  >

                                  > Justin
                                  >

                                  > ____________ _________ _________ __

                                  w:st="on">KS 66204

                                  href="http://www.klmmarketingsolutions.com">http://www.klmmarke tingsolutions. com>

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007
                                    Wade, I don't see why you and Craig can't stay on the 8/9 of November, week
                                    45, same as this year. At least as it stands now.

                                    Thanks!

                                    Adam

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007
                                      I have two thoughts on this one.

                                      First, isn't the weekend of the 12th Oct an alleged world cup? Again I'm a little rusty with the whole calendar week issue, so I may be wrong.

                                      Or is that the week of gloucester which puts the world cup the weekend of the 1st...?
                                      Our own events are being planned now.  Currently we intend to do two races in one weekend, one being a continental championship (if that all goes well), and one being a C1 event.    Questions are... When?

                                      We enjoy being the weekend before any Large east coast event; it helps draw left coasters to our event that hang our for a week.  Possibly same deal with Ohio, I know people went from here to there this year.

                                      Other questions, is it smart to have such a large event so early?  Should we float out to later in the calendar? (and I'm posing those to the list.)

                                      Realistically, our weather patterns are 80% snow free till christmas, typically sunny temps 40-50's. Good parking, town access, etc.  Realistically it's better for us to be located later in the schedule; as a seasonal community stuff is generally more available further away from labor day (but we haven't had problems thus far..)

                                      There is a half ironman triathlon that sucks up tonnes of infrastructure out here, I have spoken with the promoter and am attempting to convince him to do it the same weekend as Gloucester (whenever that is..).  Other than that, we are currently the only ones that use this section of the park, so we have free reign.

                                      That's what i know.  As per my usual fashion, it really isn't much.  Thoughts ???

                                      We're working on a UCI triple down here in the Ohio Valley for our second weekend of October 2008.  If all goes to plan, it would look like this for:

                                      Wednesday Oct 8 - Darkhorse UCI, Burlington, KY (C2)
                                      Saturday Oct 11 - Java Johnny's, Middletown, OH (C2)
                                      Sunday Oct 12 - BioWheels/United Dairy Farmers, Cincinnati, OH (C1)

                                      Thanks,
                                      Mitch Graham
                                      BioWheels

                                      Do You Yahoo!?
                                      http://mail. yahoo.com

                                      Message 18 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007
                                        Per the UCI pre-calendar that came in the inscription packet, the first
                                        World Cup, wherever it ends up being, is scheduled for October 5, 2008. Your
                                        weekend.

                                        on 11/6/07 3:23 PM, myles romanow at bikeguy11968@... wrote:

                                        > I have two thoughts on this one.
                                        >
                                        > First, isn't the weekend of the 12th Oct an alleged world cup? Again I'm a
                                        > little rusty with the whole calendar week issue, so I may be wrong.
                                        >
                                        > Or is that the week of gloucester which puts the world cup the weekend of the
                                        > 1st...?
                                        >
                                        > Our own events are being planned now. Currently we intend to do two races in
                                        > one weekend, one being a continental championship (if that all goes well), and
                                        > one being a C1 event. Questions are... When?
                                        >
                                        > We enjoy being the weekend before any Large east coast event; it helps draw
                                        > left coasters to our event that hang our for a week. Possibly same deal with
                                        > Ohio, I know people went from here to there this year.
                                        >
                                        > Other questions, is it smart to have such a large event so early? Should we
                                        > float out to later in the calendar? (and I'm posing those to the list.)
                                        >
                                        > Realistically, our weather patterns are 80% snow free till christmas,
                                        > typically sunny temps 40-50's. Good parking, town access, etc. Realistically
                                        > it's better for us to be located later in the schedule; as a seasonal
                                        > community stuff is generally more available further away from labor day (but
                                        > we haven't had problems thus far..)
                                        >
                                        > There is a half ironman triathlon that sucks up tonnes of infrastructure out
                                        > here, I have spoken with the promoter and am attempting to convince him to do
                                        > it the same weekend as Gloucester (whenever that is..). Other than that, we
                                        > are currently the only ones that use this section of the park, so we have free
                                        > reign.
                                        >

                                        > That's what i know. As per my usual fashion, it really isn't much. Thoughts
                                        > ???

                                      • Douglas Dobrozsi
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007
                                          I always thought the weekend in Jan. when the Europeans are doing their national championships would be a good weekend for a North American Continental Championship.  January 10/11 2009.

                                          On 11/6/07, myles romanow <bikeguy11968@...

                                          Message 20 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007

                                            Starcrossed Sept 20

                                            Rad Racing GP Sept 21

                                            On 11/6/07, myles romanow <bikeguy11968@ yahoo.com

                                            Message 21 of 21 , Nov 6, 2007
                                              murmurmurmurmur.  Is a world cup happening or what?  Will it be another suspensfull spring for Myles?

                                              -Advantage of doing a CC early... Lots of points SOON.  A top rider could conceivably win, move to Belgium, and start front row for a while.. it's 150 pts to win.. Assuming the wint he following days race, or at least place well, that's bookoo points.  Good advantage to Americas racers.

                                              -Advantage to doing it late...calendar non conflict?
                                              -Disadvantage-turnout.  No one would go past nationals.. or woudl they?