RE: [USAICO] Comp'ing Elites

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 8, 2007

      National Champs (even if expired)  and Euro’s are pretty automatic comps on request.  My general impression is most of the riders are not getting rich on this.

      I think all “good” riders deserve start money, I just don’t have it to give out.

      I think there should be separate U-23 prize list too…. Again don’t have the money.

      Can  someone send me some money?

      Tom

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 8, 2007
        As a policy I do not comp. It leads to the slippery slope of more and more asking for it. Until the UCI says that UCI Elite riders can not be charged an entry fee, everyone pays. Even Myerson.

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 8, 2007
          You know that actually is the rule, right? We just get winked at for
          charging entry fees.

          I have to double check, but I'm pretty sure that officially we're not
          supposed to charge elites entry fees, but it's another "grey area" for the
          US.

          Adam

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 8, 2007
            I know. That is why I said it that way. Adding your name was but a personal touch.
            Hugs and kisses.

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 8, 2007
              We have a policy of comp'ing  national champion competing in his or her category.    So sadly a masters champ racing elite doesn't cut it..

              Personally, I also realize that for me it's a haul for these guys to get here.. we try to get everyone something.  Some people came from far away, and we just couldn't get host housing, so we compd an entry. etc etc

              I am fairly sure adam is rigth, no entry fee for elite.. But what is an elite?? Just someone with a license, or someone with soem points on the table?  If I understood my guest correctly, they still have professionals without contract in Europe, and elite full blown pro's as well... I'm not sure if theydiffrentiate or not?

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 8, 2007
                Oh, sorry... one more.  Someone I am paying travel money/start money to, I mean, they get comp'd... That just sort of makes sense.. I mean can you imagine registration "yes, we paid you to show up... where's your 30$"...

                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 9, 2007
                  We always comp Myerson in recognition of his contributions to the sport.

                  Hollah