CFAD 2% question

  • Doug D.
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 8, 2007
      Do I need to deduct this also from the UCI women's required minimum
      purse also, or just the men.

      Thanks,
      Doug Dobrozsi
    • robin morton
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 8, 2007

        It should indicate it on your calendar fee invoice.

        Robin

        Robin Morton

        g4 Productions LLC

        908 832 6909 office

        908 832 6839 fax

        484 643 3534 mobile **  (PLEASE NOTE NEW NUMBER)

        rmorton@...

        www.g4events.com

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 8, 2007

            I have never had drug testing at Granogue.

            Do they just show up day of race or do they give you advance notice?

            DCC of D

          • robin morton

            • sovek@verizon.net
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 8, 2007
                you will get notice, but (if you get it) be prepared to cater completly to them. seperate clean and sanitary room for testing, plenty of electrolyte drink mix, directions for chaperones to athletes (possibly 2 per athlete)...i a nutshell, it's a headache.

                i'm all for testing, but we recently went through this with our UCI mtb race and it was a HUGE headache.

                chip

                -------------------------------

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 8, 2007
                  You need to request & pay for it, if I am not mistaken.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 9, 2007
                    tom,

                    this was a summary of what we had to do at our UCI/MTB race back in april. the biggest investment is man-power and hours towards the service.....see below.

                    chip

                    ---
                    For the Anti-Doping, you basically get a call from either USAC and/or the contracted anti-doping test company letting you know that the UCI has picked your race for testing. The company representative will send you an information packet telling you all the things that need done.

                    Rrom my experience of doing this for the Greenbrier race, you then need to (from the top of my head, I may miss something here),
                    - Find an Anti-Doping Coordinator from your volunteers, who will do the main liaison with the testing company and be present in the testing facility most of the race day, and in particular from 2 hrs before the subject race until about 2 hours after. This should be a medical type person if possible. He coordinates facilities, meeting the testers, etc.
                    - Obtain a set of rooms you can use that are suitable to be a Testing Facility as close to the start/finish line of the course as possible, but usually no further that about 1/2 mile away. It needs to have at least 3 different areas, 1) a large clean room where two sample stations with tables and chairs can be set up, to take blood samples and work with each athlete, 2) a waiting area that is quiet and secluded so that the athletes being tested can have privacy, 3) a private rest room that can be used for taking the urine samples. A standard park bathroom is definitely not eligible to fulfill these needs, as stated in the guidelines they will send you.
                    - Purchase about 4 bottles of sealed water and 6 electrolyte drinks of different kinds for each of the 10 athletes who will potentially be tested (= 100 bottles of liquid). These should be split and half placed in coolers at the finish line and half at the testing facility.
                    - Find 10 adult, mature volunteers as "chaperones" who will be needed to report to a training session several hours before the testing time, then report to the finish line to intercept their designated rider and stay with them until they are securely in the testing facility.

                    I think that's basically it. It's a big cost in time making arrangements and for many adult volunteers for several hours on race day, and a somewhat smaller cost in cash to buy supplies.