C2 Event Budget for 2007

  • Doug D.
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 16, 2006
      Anybody willing to share, or comment on, rough race budget estimates
      for someone aspiring to a C2 in 2007?

      Here's my math (in dollars, using 2006 UCI published exchange
      rates). Trying to figure out how much sponsor support I will need
      now.

      Inscription 594
      USA Cycling (7% of Elite men purse, + 50) 282.
      Purse, Elite Women 1205
      Purse - other (non UCI) cats 850
      Course / Facilities 350
      Offials (includes expenses) 950
      Event Promotion 500

      Total expense (rough estimate) $8000.

      Thanks in advance.
      Doug Dobrozsi
      Java Johnny's - Lionhearts Cyclocross
      Middletown, OH
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 16, 2006
        Doug,
        You forgot the Elite Men's purse in your brakeout, but the $8,000 number is pretty close.
        At $8,000 you need about 300+ racers to break even, if there is no cash sponsor.
        Mike Hebe
        Former Lower Allen Twp Classic UCI C2 promoter

        Anybody willing to share, or comment on, rough race budget estimates
        for someone aspiring to a C2 in 2007?

        Here's my math (in dollars, using 2006 UCI published exchange
        rates). Trying to figure out how much sponsor support I will need
        now.

        Inscription 594
        USA Cycling (7% of Elite men purse, + 50) 282.
        Purse, Elite Women 1205
        Purse - other (non UCI) cats 850
        Course / Facilities 350
        Offials (includes expenses) 950
        Event Promotion 500

        Total expense (rough estimate) $8000.

        Thanks in advance.
        Doug Dobrozsi
        Java Johnny's - Lionhearts Cyclocross
        Middletown, OH

        It has removed 3080 spam emails to date.
        Try SPAMfighter for free now!
      • kjc
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 16, 2006
          Doug,

          Don't forget to budget for numbers and pins. UCI
          requires 1 hip number AND 2 shoulder numbers for UCI
          cats (elite men & elite women).

          Some other things:

          USAC's fee is 7% of your TOTAL prize list (not just
          the men).
          Port-o-johns
          You may want to assume that the exchange rate is going
          to be higher.
          $2/rider insurance
          UCI officials lodging expenses (travel is picked up by
          the UCI). this could mean a two night stay.

          I'll forward my actual 2006 budget separately.

          Kelly Cline
          Wissahickon Cross

          --- "Doug D." <ddobrozsi@...> wrote:

          > Anybody willing to share, or comment on, rough race
          > budget estimates
          > for someone aspiring to a C2 in 2007?
          >
          > Here's my math (in dollars, using 2006 UCI published
          > exchange
          > rates). Trying to figure out how much sponsor
          > support I will need
          > now.
          >
          > Inscription 594
          > USA Cycling (7% of Elite men purse, + 50) 282.
          > Purse, Elite Women 1205
          > Purse - other (non UCI) cats 850
          > Course / Facilities 350
          > Offials (includes expenses) 950
          > Event Promotion 500
          >
          > Total expense (rough estimate) $8000.
          >
          > Thanks in advance.
          > Doug Dobrozsi
          > Java Johnny's - Lionhearts Cyclocross
          > Middletown, OH

          Sponsored Link

          Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
          $510k for $1,698/mo. Calculate new payment!
          www.LowerMyBills.com/lre