UCI CX Race Permit Fees Process ?

  • Brian Hludzinski
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 27, 2006
      Hello,

      Does anyone have simple instructions on how to send
      the permit fees to the UCI ?

      Thank you,
      Brian
      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 27, 2006
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/USAICO/message/451

        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 27, 2006
          Put the check in the mail with the form. I think postage was 80 cents for
          mine.

          The address is on the form somewhere. It is in some sort of Euro format.

          Message 4 of 20 , Sep 27, 2006
            Yup. Tom nailed it.. I have a tendencey to remember HALF of all the important stuff..

            It's really kind of weird.. I mean, let me attempt to get a scnenario going...

            First year we SOMEHOW snuck in with series fees.. We did 5 races that year, one UCI, all at the same venue, and someone screwed up at USAC so it got in with like nothing.

            Next year, same deal happened. I somehow convinced them that 2 uci race constituted a series event and I forgeet how much I actually paid but it wasn't a tonne.

            This year I used the handy dandy calculation form ont he permit app, since I knew they both couldn't be series events from last year. So i found my payouts, figure it out, and sent off a cheq. Week or so later I got word that all permits were moving to A events... Then they started calling saying I owed more money..

            IF I only put on 1 c2 race.  (which was the case 3 years ago.)  First I'm looking at the UCI fees... 300$?? (I forget)
            Then I have to pay for officials.  Which for ME is like 1300$ cause there aren't any near by.  Then I give out 7% to USAC, of my 1900$ which is another 133$.. So now I've spent what could be an entire prizelist for the women's field on permitting.    I mean, yes, UCI races are expensive, and they are the pinnacle of the sport, and all that cool stuff, but freeing up capital for one to increase chick prizes, pay for infrastructure, or, shudder, turn a profit, anything USAC can do would be appreciated.  I mean, am I permitting though UCI, or USAC, or what?

            And I know it's only like 100$.. but still.

            Myles

            Message 5 of 20 , Sep 27, 2006
              Hey, don't you have a race to be worrying about, buddy?

              Seriously, I don't think any of us like paying more money, but is it hard to
              fathom that USAC would want to classify a UCI sanctioned event as an A class
              event? Seems to make sense to me.

              I think if there were things to complain about here, it's what is USAC doing
              with the extra money? Will we see an increase in the seriousness with which
              USAC treats 'cross? Will there be, for instance, true promotion of the fact
              that there is a cyclo-cross NRC that is the equivalent of the road NRC? Will
              those points be tabulated weekly? Will press releases be sent out? Will it
              get the same treatment in general that the road NRC does?

              I do think we've seen a gradual increase in services from USAC since we
              started putting on these events. People like Susan Diller, for instance,
              provide exceptional service, and all of us have access to Shawn and Justin
              in a way that we haven't always. But these things I mentioned above are some
              of the things I still think are important, and would like to see improved if
              I'm paying a larger permit fee.

              Adam

              on 9/27/06 12:43 PM, myles romanow at bikeguy11968@... wrote:

              > Yup. Tom nailed it.. I have a tendencey to remember HALF of all the important
              > stuff..
              >
              > It's really kind of weird.. I mean, let me attempt to get a scnenario going...
              >

              > First year we SOMEHOW snuck in with series fees.. We did 5 races that year,
              > one UCI, all at the same venue, and someone screwed up at USAC so it got in
              > with like nothing.
              >
              > Next year, same deal happened. I somehow convinced them that 2 uci race
              > constituted a series event and I forgeet how much I actually paid but it
              > wasn't a tonne.
              >
              > This year I used the handy dandy calculation form ont he permit app, since I
              > knew they both couldn't be series events from last year. So i found my
              > payouts, figure it out, and sent off a cheq. Week or so later I got word that
              > all permits were moving to A events... Then they started calling saying I owed
              > more money..
              >

              > IF I only put on 1 c2 race. (which was the case 3 years ago.) First I'm
              > looking at the UCI fees... 300$?? (I forget)
              > Then I have to pay for officials. Which for ME is like 1300$ cause there
              > aren't any near by. Then I give out 7% to USAC, of my 1900$ which is another
              > 133$.. So now I've spent what could be an entire prizelist for the women's
              > field on permitting. I mean, yes, UCI races are expensive, and they are the
              > pinnacle of the sport, and all that cool stuff, but freeing up capital for one
              > to increase chick prizes, pay for infrastructure, or, shudder, turn a profit,
              > anything USAC can do would be appreciated. I mean, am I permitting though
              > UCI, or USAC, or what?
              >
              > And I know it's only like 100$.. but still.
              >
              > Myles

            • Brian Hludzinski
              Message 6 of 20 , Sep 27, 2006
                And where would one find the "form" ? I scoured the
                UCI site but couldn't find it.

                Thank you,
                Brian

                --- Tom McDaniel <ctmcdaniel@...> wrote:

                > Put the check in the mail with the form. I think
                > postage was 80 cents for
                > mine.
                >
                > The address is on the form somewhere. It is in some
                > sort of Euro format.
                >
                > Tom

              • kai
                Message 7 of 20 , Sep 27, 2006
                  Tom,

                  All UCI cyclocross events are permitted as "A" events.  This in compliance with the rule found on page 14(a) in the 2006 USAC General Rule Book.  The rule states that National Championships and International races are Category A races.

                  USAC could solve this issue by putting a check box on the Permit Application if it's a UCI event and state that it is permitted as an "A" category race regardless of the highest payout.

                  Kelly Cline

                  Tom Stevens <spinarts@...> wrote:
                  Shawn,
                  I think that Myles was referring to the line on the competitive event permit app. that says "Highest payout for any one Category".
                  That would make all the C2  cx events Category D races since the largest payout per category would be in the $1885.00 range. We would therefore have a f permit fee of $50.00 according to the Permit app..
                  Thanks
                  Tom Stevens

                  3-Can something be done about the glorious "a event" status that we get lumped into for Cross?? A c2 event has a required payout of est. 2700$ usd.. Compare that to.... oh, I don't know, manhattan beach GP, or Chris Thater... We're not even on the same scale. Being charged according to our declared prize lists is fair, but being lumped into really large events simply because we have a UCI designation is a little ridiculous. Unless all that extra cash is going to some worth while cause lost to me, in which case strike #3..

                  Perhaps we should discuss this offline. I am unclear on the issue. For official payments, the UCI races have always been A races. As for permitting, I am unclear how this is any different. Using your numbers, if you have a payout of $2700, you would be a C race on a one day USCF. If you are a C race, your permit fee is 7% of your total prize list. If you are a UCI race, you are an A race, and your permit fee is 7% of your total prize list. Seems to me that you pay the same permit fee whether you are a C race or an A race. Feel free to drop me and email and let me know what I missed here.

                  Do you Yahoo!?

                • kai
                  Message 8 of 20 , Sep 27, 2006
                    Address it exactly this way:

                    Union Cycliste Internationale
                    1860 Aigle
                    Switzerland

                    Message 9 of 20 , Sep 27, 2006
                      Brian,

                      You should have received a bill in the mail from the UCI, sent to whatever
                      address you listed on your inscription form.

                      Adam

                      on 9/27/06 2:05 PM, Brian Hludzinski at bhlud@... wrote:

                      > And where would one find the "form" ? I scoured the
                      > UCI site but couldn't find it.
                      >
                      > Thank you,
                      > Brian
                      >
                      > --- Tom McDaniel <ctmcdaniel@...> wrote:
                      >
                      >> Put the check in the mail with the form. I think
                      >> postage was 80 cents for
                      >> mine.
                      >>
                      >> The address is on the form somewhere. It is in some
                      >> sort of Euro format.
                      >>
                      >> Tom

                    • Jim Brown
                      Message 10 of 20 , Sep 27, 2006

                        You invoice should have an account # on it.

                        Last year my bank did a wire transfer, that’s my plan this year as well.