Re: UCI race packet

    Message 1 of 3 , May 24, 2004
      Guys,

      1. Yes, the UCI restructured the categories for 'cross this winter. This was
      in the news all over the place. Essentially, they got rid of a category, and
      lowered the prize money for the HC and Class 1 races. A race that was
      previously C3 is now C2, and C2 is now C1.

      2. The UCI knows that with bad dollar v. the Euro, we couldn't make such a
      huge jump, and Matt was negotiating with them for US prize fee structure.
      What I understand to be the final, approved fee structure in Euro, along
      with my conversion from Euro to CHF and CHF to Dollars using the UCI
      exchange that's set at the start of the year, is attached. (There is no UCI
      rate from Euro to Dollars.)

      I was hoping to confirm that this prize list is set in stone before I
      distributed it widely, but if people are getting their packets already...

      Adam F. Hodges Myerson
      Cycle-Smart, Inc.
      Solutions for Cycling
      PO Box 1482
      Northampton, MA 01061
      617.776.1833 Somerville Office
      413.204.3202 Mobile
      413.587.3133 Northampton Office
      512.681.7043 Fax
      adam@...
      http://www.cycle-smart.com
      http://www.necyclocross.com

      on 5/24/04 12:08 AM, Tom McDaniel at ctmcdaniel@... wrote:

      > Mike
      >

      > Adam told me that USA UCI races will have their own cost structure. NOT the
      > UCI SCHDULE.
      >

      > Uhh I will call USCF on Monday. typing with one hand is too slow.
      >

      > Tom

    • kjc
      Message 2 of 3 , May 24, 2004
        Gents,

        Just glancing at the Classe II spreadsheet, did they
        do away with the U23's...?

        Kelly

        Prize List.xls; x-mac-creator=5843454C;
        x-mac-type=584C5338

        =====
        =====

        ~ ~__O
        ~ ~ _\<_

        http://messenger.yahoo.com/
        Message 3 of 3 , May 25, 2004
          I didn't include it, since none of us were running a separate U23 race, or
          paying a separate payout to them.

          Adam