Juniors

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2005
      One item we'll discuss at nationals, but that I wanted to put out there for
      all of you now, is the issues of junior categories at your races.

      Now that the UCI is not allowing us to let the 15-16 year olds race with the
      17-18's, since so many of us have such small junior races to begin with, and
      since the juniors don't need UCI licenses anyway, I'm going to recommend
      that none of us check the juniors box on our inscriptions this year.

      This way, you can run a 15-18 junior race, and still give additional awards
      to your 15/16's if you like, but have a quality field size.

      Our plan in New England will be to have a 10-14 and a 15-18 race, to start
      them together, and to score the 10-14's after 2 laps, but allow them to
      continue racing the full distance if they like.

      This raises issues if we're tracking an NRC standing for juniors,
      particularly if it's used in Worlds selection, since we need to A) make sure
      what we do is consistent from race to race, B) pull out the 15-16's since
      they're not eligible for worlds, and C) decide which races will actually
      count.

      I think those are easy things to solve, but I wanted to simply let me people
      know the direction I think we should take.