US Gran Prix of Cyclocross

  • finasport66
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2004
      Dear All:

      I just wanted to post here to update you on info about the US GP of
      Cyclocross.

      For promoters interested to host a US GP event in the future the best
      way to get in touch is info@.... We will be
      constantly taking into consideration the status of the races that are
      interested in the previous years, the location as it relates to
      a "National" schedule and the venue as it relates to spectators and
      promotion. There are so many considerations and we know that it will
      be impossible to please everyone every year.

      Our mission we hope is clear. We wish to improve the Elite level
      racing by bringing together the best racers in the country for 6
      races a year. We also would like to see the expansion of racers that
      enter or rise to the top of the sport in the US. To do this it is
      essential to have the marketing in place that will entice those
      riders and their sponsors to become and to stay involved. With our
      stable and growing relationship to VeloNews, and the national,
      regional and local media that is attracted to the US GP we are doing
      that. Evidence of that are teams like Maxxis Giant developing to
      compete in the sport. We also know that a rising tide lifts all
      boats. From local to regional to national to international racing,
      we hope that the US GP will help to grow the sport for US Riders and
      promoters.

      It is important to us to have growth at all levels of the sport
      including local and regional as well as International. We hope to
      see a World Cup on our shores. It will only help us all.

      I hope that answers some broad questions about the series. If anyone
      has further questions or inquires please feel free to contact us
      directly at info@....

      Kindest Regards,

      Bruce Fina, Marketing Director
      Geoff Proctor, Technical Director