UCI Cx Commission update

  • crosssportif
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2013
      Dear USAICO:

      This month I was reappointed to the UCI Cx Commission for another four-year term. I consider this an honor as I have great respect for the commission’s composition, functionality, and mission. My specific role has been to work closely with riders, organizers, officials, teams, managers, and federations to help guide the sport forward. My broader purpose has been to represent both U.S. and global interests as the discipline grows exponentially beyond its European roots and current Benelux epicenter.
      Below is a list of some of the work implemented during my first term (16 meetings). All of these measures originated as proposals in our Cx commission and were then approved by the UCI Management Committee:
      ·         Start order for world championships (Juniors/U23): first two rows by world cup points, then shifting from nation ranking to UCI ranking.
      ·         Barrier modifications—height/distance between planks
      ·         Disc brakes for Cx
      ·         Tire width articulation
      ·         World Cx Championships—Louisville 2013. First time ever outside Europe.
      ·         Annual UCI point rankings (points holding for one calendar year)
      ·         World Cup travel money shifting to world cup prize money for elites; world cup pit passes/soigneur passes
      ·         Women’s Reform
                        Mandatory women’s race at all C1 races (with a nod to previous commission for initiating)
                        Mandatory women’s race at all world cups
                        Women’s Youth 17-22 category (see recent ECU championships)
                        Women’s prize money (in progress) through Women in Cycling group
                        Mandatory top-3 women from each nation to worlds (9.2.045)
                        Recommendation status: more conducive women’s parking
                        Recommendation status: women’s race time slot directly before elite men’s race
                        Discussion: race durations for women’ races
      ·         All world cup events hosting Juniors/U23 races
      ·         UCI Cx Training Camp, Aigle, Switzerland
      ·         Discussion: team points for sporting value—all disciplines
      ·         Leader’s Jersey for US Series

      The first meeting of the newly appointed Cx Commission is upcoming. Thank you for your hard work, your past and future input, and your continued support. And, by all means, if you have specific ideas about how you'd like to see international cyclocross improve, send me an email with your thoughts.

      Our sport is moving forward and it’s an exciting time to be involved.

      Best,
      Geoff Proctor
      Member, UCI Cyclocross Commission

    • Michael Hewitt
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 9, 2013
        Geoff,

        THANKS for serving.  We need you as we move forward in the US in cross!  Just heard that Louisville is hosting the Single Speed WC.  Exciting times around here.

        On Dec 9, 2013, at 8:00 AM, CrossSportif@... wrote:

[...]

        If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

        Michael Hewitt