UCI inscripted CX events--important note

  • Rice, Micah
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2012

      Hello everyone,

      Thanks to all of you who have already gotten your inscription forms as well as the supporting information that I asked for during this UCI inscription period.

      I wanted to let all of you know about a program that USA Cycling is working with USADA on.  The road and mountain bike race directors got a sneak peak while they were here for the race directors summit a few weeks ago, but I thought it was only fair that I give all of you a heads up on the program we are working on.  We did discuss it in the cyclo-cross committee meetings and the committee was very supportive of the idea.

      Details will be coming soon, but the way it impacts you is that we will be asking for $800 from each UCI event day to put toward a fund that will pay for antidoping at a large number of cyclo-cross events in 2013-2014.  USA Cycling will be matching the entire amount we get from the events and we are hoping that we will be able to test between 30% and 50% of all UCI events next season.  Also, we will be using some of this money to cover the A and B UCI antidoping lists so that each of you who runs an event doesn’t have the possibility of shelling out $6000 if you get randomly selected for antidoping.

      As I said, more details soon, but I wanted to communicate with all of you that if you inscript with the UCI for next season we will be asking you to be a part of this new program to fight doping.

      Thanks all and have a great Thanksgiving,

      Micah Rice

      Vice President of National Events

      Colorado Springs, CO  80919

      719-434-4283 phone