RE: [USAICO] US Race Directors Meeting in Madison/Audio Nightmares

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 5, 2012

    Hi All-

    Just talked to Brook and there is a change of Venue for the meeting.

    New address:

    60’ x 30’ Heated Grey Metal farm Shed behind the white farm house at 6861 Cross Country Road.  See attached photo. cid:image001.png@01CCC642.95027850

    BYOB

    Try to leave your car at the venue as we have limited parking.  If you do drive park in the grass with the other cars not the gravel drive.

    Questions call or text 302 420 2165

    From: Alan_Atwood@...
    Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 11:17:06 -0500
    Subject: RE: [USAICO] US Race Directors Meeting in Madison

    I'll take notes Brooke; no problem.

    Alan

    To: USAICO@yahoogroups.com
    From: brook.watts@...
    Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 09:15:33 -0700
    Subject: [USAICO] US Race Directors Meeting in Madison

    Friday Jan 6 from 5 pm - 7 pm

    Quality Inn

    2969 Cahill Main

    Madison  53711

    Mendotta Room (just off lobby).  Room is set up for 18 people, any excess will have to stand or sit….

    Quality Inn is close to course - Google or GPS it

    Purpose:  To continue the annual gathering of Race Directors in a largely social atmosphere.  Let's recognize we can't change anything in this meeting and that this is OUR meeting to drive discussion items and develop next steps, working committees, etc.   As cyclocross race directors we need to be thinking about cyclocross 365 days a years NOT just during the cross season or inscription period.

    Who's In Charge:  We are, but since I grabbed the reins and suggested this meeting, and since I've been elected by other race directors to represent UCI Race Directors on the USA Cycling cyclocross management committee I'll bring the meeting to order with a quick few words then turn it over to the general discussion.

    Topics for discussion suggested by ME, send along any others to add to the list:

    - AIOCC (Int'l Cross Directors group) - value to US directors to be members

    - Continue the effort to increase course standards

    - Calendar update + future of calendar planning (How to streamline process,resolve conflicts, etc)

    - USA Cycling Race Director License (Personal note:  I think this is a good thing and will benefit race directors)

    - Best Practices to Share (For example, what's the best fly-over design now that the USA has gone "flyover crazy")

    Who will volunteer to take notes to share with non-attendees?

    Anything to add to this?

    Brook Watts

    303.684-9170 office

    303.907.3133 cell

    Wednesday Sept. 19, 2012

  • CrossVegas
    Message 2 of 9 , Jan 5, 2012
      Thanks Tom. This is walking distance from course. It's the neighboring property. No excuses for no-shows

      Bring a chair if you have one.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jan 5, 2012, at 8:33 AM, "Tom McDaniel" <granoguecross@...> wrote:

      Hi All-

      Just talked to Brook and there is a change of Venue for the meeting.

      New address:

      60’ x 30’ Heated Grey Metal farm Shed behind the white farm house at 6861 Cross Country Road.  See attached photo. <image003.jpg>

      From: Alan_Atwood@...
      Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 11:17:06 -0500

      To: USAICO@yahoogroups.com