Re: [USAICO] UCI reports, how to respond?

  • Douglas Dobrozsi
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 9, 2011
      Java Johnny's (Cincinnati day 2) report emailed from USAC I was dinged for no ambulance on site, but I paid a lot to have one and it was there.  This was not included in the nice letter I received from the UCI a few weeks ago.

      Doug Dobrozsi

      On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Myles Romanow <ilovetoracecross@...> wrote:

      I have to report similar occurences.  Despite not being uci last year, we still had flaws with our official reporting.

      Most notably was a "lack of timing/scoring " on day one of our event.

      Odd since we employ a highly competent results professional.   For both days.  Who was kind enough to give the officials shelter in his tent prior to their tent being set up.

      Some fashion of review process is needed be it submission yo usac prior to the uci or something else

    • spinarts@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 9, 2011

        My reports at times were also incorrect. I've brought this up with Kelli and others at CUSA. They are supposedly trying to have a parallel race report that we can see and respond to. Beyond that, I do not see that we have much recourse right now. Maybe CUSA will really try to address this with the UCI.

        Tom Stevens

        Haven't seen any response to this, but in looking over my reports, I definitely have the same issues.

        For the Nor'easter, it claims that I didn't have a technical guide, when I clearly did. It's posted on the web site, and it was emailed to our commissaire when he made contact with us ahead of the event. It also says that our results had incomplete information and were not submitted in the correct format, but of course the same person is producing and submitting results for almost all of the NE races. The format didn't change for one race.

        Considering how seriously these reports are being taken, it's crucial we have some kind of voice or opportunity to appeal them when they have clear errors caused by a commissaire who hasn't done their due diligence.

        Adam

        On Aug 26, 2011, at 4:11 PM, john@... wrote:

        > I received my UCI report in the mail about 3-4 weeks ago for our Downeast Cyclocross Weekend in Maine last October. It listed some problems, some of which were incorrect. As a result The UCI basically penalized me and took one of the days away for this season.
        > There has to be some way we can get a report the same day or within a week from our chief UCI official. It's kind of hard to respond if you dispute any of the report when 10 months has passed. Any ideas?
        >
        > Thanks
        > John Grenier
        > Downeast Cyclocross

      • Lusk, Kelli
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 9, 2011

          An officials report has been developed that incorporates both the UCI and USAC reports.  This is being distributed to all the chief officials assigned to the UCI CX events this year.  This should give us timely reports that will also reflect what is being reported to UCI.  The report will not be the actual UCI report submitted by the chief official to UCI, however, it includes similar questions.

          phone:  719.434.4285

          USAC_standard_Type_Inside_small

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 9, 2011
            Most importantly, will there be an avenue to appeal or clarify items on the report, since they are so often inaccurate?

            Adam

            On Sep 9, 2011, at 1:35 PM, Lusk, Kelli wrote:

            An officials report has been developed that incorporates both the UCI and USAC reports.  This is being distributed to all the chief officials assigned to the UCI CX events this year.  This should give us timely reports that will also reflect what is being reported to UCI.  The report will not be the actual UCI report submitted by the chief official to UCI, however, it includes similar questions.

            phone:  719.434.4285

            Follow us! Twitter   Facebook  You Tube

            <image001.jpg>

            My reports at times were also incorrect. I've brought this up with Kelli and others at CUSA. They are supposedly trying to have a parallel race report that we can see and respond to. Beyond that, I do not see that we have much recourse right now. Maybe CUSA will really try to address this with the UCI.

            Tom Stevens

            Haven't seen any response to this, but in looking over my reports, I definitely have the same issues.

            For the Nor'easter, it claims that I didn't have a technical guide, when I clearly did. It's posted on the web site, and it was emailed to our commissaire when he made contact with us ahead of the event. It also says that our results had incomplete information and were not submitted in the correct format, but of course the same person is producing and submitting results for almost all of the NE races. The format didn't change for one race.

            Considering how seriously these reports are being taken, it's crucial we have some kind of voice or opportunity to appeal them when they have clear errors caused by a commissaire who hasn't done their due diligence.

            Adam

            On Aug 26, 2011, at 4:11 PM, john@... wrote:

            > I received my UCI report in the mail about 3-4 weeks ago for our Downeast Cyclocross Weekend in Maine last October. It listed some problems, some of which were incorrect. As a result The UCI basically penalized me and took one of the days away for this season.
            > There has to be some way we can get a report the same day or within a week from our chief UCI official. It's kind of hard to respond if you dispute any of the report when 10 months has passed. Any ideas?
            >
            > Thanks
            > John Grenier
            > Downeast Cyclocross

          • Terry Buchanan
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 9, 2011
              My race is in 8 days. I have not received last year's report. We must have been perfect.

              Take Care,

              Terry Buchanan
              Low Pressure Promotions, LLC

              425-503-2333