RE: 11/12 CX Update (UCI, Nat Cal, Promoter Summit)

    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 6, 2011

      Hi Kelli-

      No one from Granogue can make it on 4/30-5/1.  It is the date of our MTB race weekend at Granogue.

      Who made the decision to make attendance at the 2nd annual promoters summit mandatory.  Is this standard practice on the road and MTB side of things?

      Tom McDaniel

      Granouge Cross

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 7, 2011
        Did I read that correctly about "mandatory" for the April meeting in Colorado? I can't attend that meeting. That doesn't make a lot of sense. Can we get a conference call going?

        John R. Grenier
        Rainbow Bicycle & Fitness
        945 Center st.
        Auburn,ME 04210
        207-784-7576
        www.rainbowbike.com

        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 7, 2011
          Kelli,

          In all honesty, you are not going to be able to find a date where everyone can make this "mandatory" summit.  That includes myself.  I just don't have the time to travel out from the east coast for a meeting.  Some peoples have other things going on, like families, businesses, jobs, etc.

          What really concerns and bothers me is this:  You're really going to consider knocking someone off the UCI cross calendar because they can't make a meeting?  Give me a break.  On what rules and/or regulations is this based on?

          Alan

          From: klusk@...
          To: klusk@...; ANDYTAUS@...; brook.watts@...; alan_atwood@...; kristopherauer@...; ChicagoCrossCup@...; cbnystrom@...; konacross@...; adam@...; joanhan@...; Bruce@...; scott@...; shana@...; paul@...; terry@...; mike@...; dot@...; spinarts@...; richard_fries@...; granoguecross@...; john@...; john@...; teeshea@...; capeatlanticracing@...; drcallan@...; chris@...; GDugovich@...; tinsler@...; mitch_biowheels@...; ddobrozsi@...; ilovetoracecross@...; thopkin@...; tiffany.wiley@...; carol.johnson@...; matt@...; gumboboy69@...; info@...; dwayne@...
          CC: mgullickson@...; crosssportif@...; mrice@...
          Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 07:40:51 -0800
          Subject: RE: 11/12 CX Update (UCI, Nat Cal, Promoter Summit)

          Hi All –

          After receiving some responses about availability for the April 30-May 1 weekend, let’s look at some other possible dates.  The April 9 and April 16 weekend are out.  We can also look at having the summit earlier (late-February or March).

          The NRC Promoter Summit was mandatory for the organizers this past year (2010).   I understand if some of you cannot make it this year, but please keep in mind that organizers not attending or not having someone representing their race at the Summit will have this taken into consideration when the UCI inscriptions are being evaluated.

          Please also note that some events were submitted to UCI for 2011/2012 inscription, but based on their historical officials reports, are on probation for the 2011/2012 year.  I will be following-up with individual organizers regarding their report/feedback/corrections to be made.

          If the officials reports/feedback do not reflect corrections made for the 2011/2012 event, these events will be moved to the non-UCI National Calendar for the following season (2012/2013) until the items indicated in the officials report/feedback are corrected or the levels raised.

          Thanks, everybody.  Once I hear back from you on your availability for the CX Promoter Summit, I’ll resend the final date.

          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 7, 2011
            Hi Kelli,

            I'd ask that USAC reconsider making physical attendance to a meeting in Colorado mandatory. The majority of us promoters aren't making their living from race promotion. We have day jobs, families, etc.
            Please consider the use of a conference call number (preferably via something reliable like a land line - not Skype) for those of us who won't be able to physically attend.

            Thanks again for all you do - we're a tough crowd!

            -p

            On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 11:24 AM, Alan Atwood <Alan_Atwood@...> wrote:

[...]

            ______________

            Paul Boudreau
            e paul@...
            w paulboudreau.net
            aim paullybnikon

              From: klusk@...
              To: klusk@...; ANDYTAUS@...; brook.watts@...; alan_atwood@...; kristopherauer@...;ChicagoCrossCup@...; cbnystrom@...; konacross@...; adam@...; joanhan@...;Bruce@...; scott@...; shana@...; paul@...; terry@...;mike@...; dot@...; spinarts@...; richard_fries@...; granoguecross@...; john@...;john@...; teeshea@...; capeatlanticracing@...; drcallan@...; chris@...;GDugovich@...; tinsler@...; mitch_biowheels@...; ddobrozsi@...; ilovetoracecross@...;thopkin@...; tiffany.wiley@...; carol.johnson@...; matt@...; gumboboy69@...;info@...; dwayne@...
              CC: mgullickson@...; crosssportif@...; mrice@...
              Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 07:40:51 -0800

[...]

              Follow us! Twitter   Facebook  You Tube

              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 7, 2011

                Alan et al –

                Please read the email just sent out.  The mandatory requirement has been softened, but If organizers do not attend the summit, it will be taken into the evaluation process of reviewing UCI inscriptions.  The conference call aspect will also be further explored.  I think this may be a good option for those of you not physically able to attend.

                As were working to raise the levels of the events put forward to UCI for inscription, we do need to start having the processes, planning, and evaluation further developed.  Having an annual Promoter Summit (such as we have for the NRC, which is mandatory for those organizers to attend), is a part of it.

                The idea of the summit is to not make a requirement for organizers because we think they cannot organize an event.  The summit is a place for organizers to make connections, share best practices, and with this year’s Summit, to sort through the schedule for the 2012/2013 season.  We will also be covering UCI event expectations and will most likely have 1-2 top-level CX officials here to discuss the officials report and feedback.  We had this session last year and I believe it was valuable for those who attended.  We’re also open to having sessions/discussions based on organizer suggestions.

                From: klusk@...
                To: klusk@...; ANDYTAUS@...; brook.watts@...; alan_atwood@...; kristopherauer@...; ChicagoCrossCup@...; cbnystrom@...; konacross@...; adam@...; joanhan@...; Bruce@...; scott@...; shana@...; paul@...; terry@...; mike@...; dot@...; spinarts@...; richard_fries@...; granoguecross@...; john@...; john@...; teeshea@...; capeatlanticracing@...; drcallan@...; chris@...; GDugovich@...; tinsler@...; mitch_biowheels@...; ddobrozsi@...; ilovetoracecross@...; thopkin@...; tiffany.wiley@...; carol.johnson@...; matt@...; gumboboy69@...; info@...; dwayne@...
                CC: mgullickson@...; crosssportif@...; mrice@...
                Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 07:40:51 -0800

[...]

                Error! Filename not specified.

                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 7, 2011
                  IF the summit is mandatory or attendance a consideration perhaps it should rotate out of colorado every year.    it's not like nationals   you pretty much need a hotel and a conference room.       move the location  yearly but not the date if at all possible.  an east coast venue would make more sense from a UCI promoters standpoint (kinda a majority rule) but moving it seems fair.   Perhaps USA cycling can use some of the revenue from the cross season to make this viable.

                  I do appreciate that some attempt is being made.

                  kris
                  charm city cross

                  On Jan 7, 2011, at 11:36 AM, Lusk, Kelli wrote:

[...]

                  cell:  719.229.8568

                  fax:  719.4344385

                  <image001.jpg>

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 7, 2011
                    Kelli,

                    The real issue here is that this meeting is retroactively mandatory. The required attendance should have been called out in the inscription notice. That only seems fair. It is only unreasonable to want to know the cost of doing business when entering into the deal to do the business, i.e., inscribing a race as UCI.

                    I am not saying I will not be there but I don't think it can be required at this point or affect my ability to promote a UCI event in 2012. If you want to make it mandatory make the request when calling for inscriptions for 2012.

                    Take Care,

                    Terry Buchanan
                    Low Pressure Promotions, LLC

                    425-503-2333

                    Star Crossed presented by Stanley - A Brand of PMI - www.starcrossedcx.com
                    MFG Cyclocross - Learn all you need to know at www.mfgcyclocross.com

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 7, 2011

                      All –

                      I’ve previously stated that we will be working on the conference call option for those who cannot physically attend.

                      MFG Cyclocross - Learn all you need to know at www.mfgcyclocross.com

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 7, 2011

                        Can the other promoters who have inscripted for UCI Jr races next season please contact me of list?

                        Thanks

                        Granoguecross@...

                      • brucefina
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 10, 2011
                          Yes, Tom. What do you need?

                          Bruce

                          --- In USAICO@yahoogroups.com, "Tom McDaniel" <granoguecross@...> wrote:

                          > Can the other promoters who have inscripted for UCI Jr races next season
                          > please contact me of list?
                          >

                          > Thanks
                          >

                          > Tom McDaniel
                          >
                          > Granogue Cross