Fwd: Modifications réglement cyclo-cross / Mo difications cyclo-cross rules

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2010

      If you're reading Cyclingnews today, this is the email Peter is referencing.

      This, in particular, is the section that applies:

      5.1.006 Technical delegate
      At the UCI world championships, UCI world cup events, continental championships and UCI approved series a technical delegate is appointed by the UCI.

      I remember reading that at the time, and I remember thinking "that must be for the GVA and Superprestige, since we're not a UCI approved series." Apparently almost all of you read it the same way, or missed it completely.

      Instead, it should have triggered questions about what a series was and if that applied to us back in June. I didn't actually know what a UCI approved series was, but assumed I did and that this didn't apply to us. I didn't inquire more. I wish I had. Apparently, the USGP did.

      The part that disappoints me is that in the past, this USAICO email list worked together for exactly this reason. We shared information, helped each other navigate the morass of rules and problems related to running our races. If one of us figured something out, we generally shared it with the group as collaborators and not competitors.

      Internally, when technical delegates were being assigned to USGP events, it means people knew, and were acting on this. It means our mistake could have been brought to our attention much sooner than it was. The part that hurts is that we all _wanted_ to comply, as opposed to ignoring a rule to get away with something. It's unfortunate that with all the people involved, the mistake wasn't caught until it was too late to correct it.

      We'll live. I accept responsibility for getting this little clue in June and not investigating it further. But it does suggest that the era of collaboration between the organizers is, if not over, in jeopardy, and the era of competition between us is coming. That's also disappointing, since this is a union I worked hard to create out of the disfunction of '80's and '90's era regional conflicts.

      Adam

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: Van den Abeele Peter - UCI <Peter.VandenAbeele@...>
      Date: June 18, 2010 10:42:20 AM EDT
      To: Torrent Day Annelyse - UCI <Annelyse.TorrentDay@...>
      Subject: Modifications réglement cyclo-cross / Modifications cyclo-cross rules

      Madame, Monsieur,

      Le Comité Directeur de l’UCI a approuvé sur recommandation de la Commission Cyclo-cross les modifications du règlement Cyclo-cross qui entrent en vigueur dès le début de la saison.

      Vous trouverez ci-dessous le lien sur règlement Cyclo-cross (à noter que les changements sont inscrits en gras):
      http://www.uci.ch/Modules/BUILTIN/getObject.asp?MenuId=MTk1OQ&ObjTypeCode=FILE&type=FILE&id=34047&LangId=2

      Meilleures salutations,

      Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

      The UCI Management Committee has approved on the recommendation of the Cyclo-cross Commission the modifications of the Cyclo-cross rules to come into effect as from the beginning of the season.

      You will find below the link to the Cyclo-cross rules (note that the changes are highlighted in bold):
      http://www.uci.ch/Modules/BUILTIN/getObject.asp?MenuId=MTkzNg&ObjTypeCode=FILE&type=FILE&id=34593&LangId=1

      Best regards,

      Peter Van den Abeele
      Manager Off-Road Disciplines
      Union Cycliste Internationale
      CH - 1860 Aigle
      Tél.: +41-24.468.58.11
      Fax: +41-24.468.58.12
      www.uci.ch

      Watch the latest UCI video news releases on http://www.youtube.com/ucichannel

      IMPORTANT NOTICE :

      This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named herein. If you are not the herein named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute copy or otherwise make use of this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake, and delete this e-mail from your system.

    • Paul Boudreau
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 24, 2011
        I assume everyone got this. No surprises.

        -p

        ecv
        Paul Boudreau | President | paul@...
        Essex County Velo, LLC
        PO Box 5534 Beverly Farms, MA 01915

        ECV's mission is to enhance the opportunities for members to enjoy the numerous benefits derived from the simple, youthful act of riding a bike.

        Begin forwarded message:

        From: Van den Abeele Peter - UCI <Peter.VandenAbeele@...>
        Date: June 24, 2011 4:15:53 AM EDT
        To: undisclosed-recipients:;

        Madame, Monsieur,

        Le Comité Directeur de l’UCI a approuvé sur recommandation de la Commission Cyclo-cross les modifications du règlement Cyclo-cross qui entrent en vigueur dès le début de la saison.

        Vous trouverez ci-dessous le lien sur règlement Cyclo-cross (à noter que les changements sont inscrits en rouge):

        Meilleures salutations,

        Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

        The UCI Management Committee has approved on the recommendation of the Cyclo-cross Commission the modifications of the Cyclo-cross rules to come into effect as from the beginning of the season.

        You will find below the link to the Cyclo-cross rules (note that the changes are highlighted in red):