Re: [USAICO] 2011-12 Dates

  • Paul Boudreau
    Message 1 of 28 , Dec 1, 2010
      The UCI Inscription forms for the Gran Prix of Gloucester state the following:

      1 October 2010 Gran Prix of Gloucester #1 UCI C1
      2 October 2010 Gran Prix of Gloucester #2 UCI C1

      -p

      ecv
      Paul Boudreau | President | paul@...
      Essex County Velo, LLC
      PO Box 5534 Beverly Farms, MA 01915

      ECV's mission is to enhance the opportunities for members to enjoy the numerous benefits derived from the simple, youthful act of riding a bike.

      On Dec 1, 2010, at 1:20 PM, Mitch Graham wrote:

      We have an event in Cincinnati - Kings CX, which will be submitting the UCI paperwork today.  They are looking at the Dec 3/4 weekend.

      Mitch Graham - Bio Wheels Workshop

      (513) 861-2453 Work

      (513) 476-6805 Mobile

      6810 Miami Ave

      Cincinnati, Ohio

      45243

      Message 2 of 28 , Dec 1, 2010
        Uhm.....oops.
        I meant:

        1 October 2010 Gran Prix of Gloucester #1 UCI C1
        2 October 2010 Gran Prix of Gloucester #2 UCI C2

        I'll just go back in my corner over here.....

        Message 3 of 28 , Dec 1, 2010

          Some additional request for clarification in red below

          Some clarification on the UCI series recognition and application:

          The maximum number of races to be applied for as a UCI series is eight (8).  A minimum has not been stated.

          All races wishing to apply for the UCI series designation must be UCI.  A series including events on the international calendar (UCI) must be all UCI-inscripted (it cannot be a combination of UCI and non-UCI events).  A series not applying for UCI status may be denied UCI approval to be included (individual events and series) on the international calendar the following year.

          Ok, Say I am in a group of races that have a mix of UCI events and non UCI events,  If we give no separate  series points or team points  to our UCI events then the UCI series rule does not in apply in anyway?

          Is the above statement true or false?

          I’ve been informed that series that were not UCI-recognized as a series this season cannot form a series this year, but they will be granted an exception to be on the international calendar if individual events would like to apply for event inscription.

          So only the USGP would be able to apply for the coming season?

          What is the intent of enforcing this rule?

          You may go ahead and submit your UCI series request when you submit your inscription forms.  Please include the information indicated in the promoter inscription email/instructions I sent out earlier.

          Thanks – please feel free to contact me if you have additional questions.

          -Kelli

          phone:  719.434.4285

          USAC_standard_Type_Inside_small

          Message 4 of 28 , Dec 1, 2010

            Some additional request for clarification in red below

            Some clarification on the UCI series recognition and application:

            The maximum number of races to be applied for as a UCI series is eight (8).  A minimum has not been stated.

            All races wishing to apply for the UCI series designation must be UCI.  A series including events on the international calendar (UCI) must be all UCI-inscripted (it cannot be a combination of UCI and non-UCI events).  A series not applying for UCI status may be denied UCI approval to be included (individual events and series) on the international calendar the following year.

            Ok, Say I am in a group of races that have a mix of UCI events and non UCI events,  If I  only use UCI points and do not in anyway give our UCI events any series points (for example the 3 uci races each day at Granogue would only be scored by UCI points they would not and never be used or scored in the MAC series points) then the UCI series rule does not in apply in anyway?

            Message 5 of 28 , Dec 1, 2010

              Just for clarification...

              To the best of my knowledge I've never ever ever applied Ro the uci to have the series recognized and frankly don't see the need to do so.

              So why was Nact singled out?
              Doesn't day mandatory.  Says "wishing to be recognized"
              I don't care if the uci recognizes that series or not.

              Just wondering I'f the uci is familiar with American monopoly and anti trust legislation.

              Toodles~