79Drug testing

    Sep 19, 2004
      All,

      For those of you who are interested in trying to provide drug testing at
      your event, here's some information from Sara Rowe as USADA:

      "$300 per test plus $600 per Doping Control Officer per day. The number of
      tests and logistics of the event determines the amount of crew we will
      need."

      Her contact info:

      Sara Rowe
      Manager, Events Testing Program
      United States Anti-Doping Agency
      2550 Tenderfoot Hill Street, Suite 200
      Colorado Springs, CO 80906
      Phone : 719-785-2021
      Fax: 719-785-2001
      srowe@...

      I don't know if that includes travel expenses as well, but I'll try to find
      out. Looks like about $1000 to test the winner, and about $2000 to test the
      top 3 plus 2 randoms.

      If you can come up with the money, it's time we start having controls at our
      races as the prize lists are increasing.

      Adam F. Hodges Myerson
      Cycle-Smart, Inc.
      Solutions for Cycling
      PO Box 1482