      From: USAICO@yahoogroups.com [mailto: USAICO@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Douglas Dobrozsi
      Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 1:02 PM
      To: USAICO@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [USAICO]2008-9 Schedule

      I always thought the weekend in Jan. when the Europeans are doing their national championships would be a good weekend for a North American Continental Championship.  January 10/11 2009.

      On 11/6/07, myles romanow <bikeguy11968@ yahoo.com

      > wrote:

      I have two thoughts on this one.

      First, isn't the weekend of the 12th Oct an alleged world cup? Again I'm a little rusty with the whole calendar week issue, so I may be wrong.

      Or is that the week of gloucester which puts the world cup the weekend of the 1st...?

      Our own events are being planned now.  Currently we intend to do two races in one weekend, one being a continental championship (if that all goes well), and one being a C1 event.    Questions are... When?

      We enjoy being the weekend before any Large east coast event; it helps draw left coasters to our event that hang our for a week.  Possibly same deal with Ohio , I know people went from here to there this year.

      Other questions, is it smart to have such a large event so early?  Should we float out to later in the calendar? (and I'm posing those to the list.)

      Realistically, our weather patterns are 80% snow free till christmas, typically sunny temps 40-50's. Good parking, town access, etc.  Realistically it's better for us to be located later in the schedule; as a seasonal community stuff is generally more available further away from labor day (but we haven't had problems thus far..)

      There is a half ironman triathlon that sucks up tonnes of infrastructure out here, I have spoken with the promoter and am attempting to convince him to do it the same weekend as Gloucester (whenever that is..).  Other than that, we are currently the only ones that use this section of the park, so we have free reign.

      That's what i know.  As per my usual fashion, it really isn't much.  Thoughts ???