619RE: [USAICO] 2008-9 Schedule
- Nov 6, 2007Despite my having to cancel this year, I'm still looking at having a double in Vermont for the 2008 season. My preferred weekend would be September 27th and 28th, 2008, with secondary being September 20th and 21st, 2008.
Justin, can you send me inscription forms please; I have yet to receive them from the UCI.
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 09:53:13 -0500
Subject: [USAICO] 2008-9 ScheduleFolks,
It's already that time. We need to start talking about next season's
You should all have already received inscription forms from the UCI via
e-mail. If you haven't, please let Justin Rogers or myself know.
As usual, I'm hoping that for the most part, people stay on the same dates.
Some priorities or issues I'd like to keep in mind for next year's schedule
1. Real confirmation that there is going to be a World Cup, and that we
should actually plan around it.
2. No major conflicts with the USGP events
3. USGP goes to C1 all around next year
4. Getting a continental championships with Myles in Long Island or Chris
Grealish in Boulder, both of whom have expressed interest.
5. No geographical conflicts, especially between the Mid-Atlantic and New
England. I am considering geographical conflicts as 2 UCI races that are
driving distance from each other, 6-8 hours. As the calendar gets more full,
it may be down to just no conflicts within a single region.
6. New growth back to the first weekend of September in colder climates
(Northeast), and post-nationals in warmer/milder ones (Southeast, Southwest,
CA, even the Northwest).
Personally, I want to work with Chris Grealish to try to resolve our date
conflict, and I'd also like to make my race 2 days next year.
Alright, let's hear from folks, and we'll start to assemble the initial
draft and work out whatever conflicts we need to.
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>