481RE: [USAICO] Keeping C1 Status

  • Farrell, Shawn
    Sep 26, 2006
      1-Women's elite race... We're saying that Bessette and Grande have equivalent fitness as 15 yr old boys?? Juniors race for 40 minues... Elite women should be out there for at least as long as u23 men... Whatever happend to equal rights and all that jazz.. Then there is the whole prize list thing...

      Hard to disagree there.

      2-5 differnet countries.. last time I checked there weren't 5 differnet Countries in North America..... Okay I just checked again.. previously I thought that central america waslumped in there with South America. But hte point is Valid.. With the watchmen vigilante's arming the borders poised to stop the flow of Nicaraguan Cyclocrossers, reality need to set in..

      Of course the rule does say "in danger of/potentially" as opposed to "you will lose and go down in flames". Perhaps they will automatically grant c1 status.. I know this came up at my race last year, I got 3 countries covered, and I have a c1 agian this year..

      That is the part you never know. For instance, on the road, every single road race has the comment by t he commissaires that there were only two cars with sunroofs instead of 3. That comment goes in the report year after year, but it doesn't change and the race still goes on at the same level the next year.

      3-Can something be done about the glorious "a event" status that we get lumped into for Cross?? A c2 event has a required payout of est. 2700$ usd.. Compare that to.... oh, I don't know, manhattan beach GP, or Chris Thater... We're not even on the same scale. Being charged according to our declared prize lists is fair, but being lumped into really large events simply because we have a UCI designation is a little ridiculous. Unless all that extra cash is going to some worth while cause lost to me, in which case strike #3..

      Perhaps we should discuss this offline. I am unclear on the issue. For official payments, the UCI races have always been A races. As for permitting, I am unclear how this is any different. Using your numbers, if you have a payout of $2700, you would be a C race on a one day USCF. If you are a C race, your permit fee is 7% of your total prize list. If you are a UCI race, you are an A race, and your permit fee is 7% of your total prize list. Seems to me that you pay the same permit fee whether you are a C race or an A race. Feel free to drop me and email and let me know what I missed here.

      Shawn
      sfarrell@...

      Umm.. Thats what I got. Come to whitmore's!!

      Myles Romanow

      www.hamptonvelo.com <http://www.hamptonvelo.com/>
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic