442RE: [USAICO] Satellite course maps?

    Mar 8, 2006

      I used Google maps and Paint.net (http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/paint.net/) to draw my course.  Paint.net is freeware and you can draw in layers.  For example I did my course crossings on a separate layer then my course.

      From: USAICO@yahoogroups.com [mailto:USAICO@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Russell Kappius
      Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 7:32 PM
      To: USAICO@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [USAICO] Satellite course maps?

      Mitch,
      I'd first try Google Earth. Go to Google. Click the "more >>" button. Under Google Tools click "Earth" (little blue globe next to it).

      Download this sucker and zoom in on your course. It worked pretty well for me. I just did a "screen dump" when I got it to a resolution I liked, pasted it into PowerPoint and did a little labeling.

      If you need more info let me know.

      Rus

      Mitch Graham wrote:

      I'd very much appreciate any information on going about creating a
      race course map off of a satellite photo of my park on a computer.  My
      contemporary computer literacy skills I would rate a C-plus, possibly
      a B-minus.

      Here is what I am working with:
      -A computer with broadband connection
      -No scanner
      -A printer
      -A cheap budget

      If someone could send me in the right direction - I would very much
      appreciate it!!

      Thanks,
      Mitch

      .