1272RE: [USAICO] US Race Directors Meeting in Madison

    Dec 22 8:17 AM
      I'll take notes Brooke; no problem.

      To: USAICO@yahoogroups.com
      From: brook.watts@...
      Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 09:15:33 -0700
      Subject: [USAICO] US Race Directors Meeting in Madison

      Friday Jan 6 from 5 pm - 7 pm

      Quality Inn
      2969 Cahill Main
      Madison  53711
      Mendotta Room (just off lobby).  Room is set up for 18 people, any excess will have to stand or sit….

      Quality Inn is close to course - Google or GPS it

      Purpose:  To continue the annual gathering of Race Directors in a largely social atmosphere.  Let's recognize we can't change anything in this meeting and that this is OUR meeting to drive discussion items and develop next steps, working committees, etc.   As cyclocross race directors we need to be thinking about cyclocross 365 days a years NOT just during the cross season or inscription period.

      Who's In Charge:  We are, but since I grabbed the reins and suggested this meeting, and since I've been elected by other race directors to represent UCI Race Directors on the USA Cycling cyclocross management committee I'll bring the meeting to order with a quick few words then turn it over to the general discussion.

      Topics for discussion suggested by ME, send along any others to add to the list:
      - AIOCC (Int'l Cross Directors group) - value to US directors to be members
      - Continue the effort to increase course standards
      - Calendar update + future of calendar planning (How to streamline process,resolve conflicts, etc)
      - USA Cycling Race Director License (Personal note:  I think this is a good thing and will benefit race directors)
      - Best Practices to Share (For example, what's the best fly-over design now that the USA has gone "flyover crazy")

      Who will volunteer to take notes to share with non-attendees?

      Anything to add to this?

      Brook Watts
      303.684-9170 office
      303.907.3133 cell