    Jan 4, 2011
      Thanks, that makes sense. Explains my confusion.
      Corey

      On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 9:50 AM, Alan Atwood <Alan_Atwood@...> wrote:

      For non-UCI events you should go with the established 5 USAC regions for determining boundaries for regional championships, etc.  The UCI region map as put together by Kelli and the UCI is just for UCI race classification and calendar purposes.

      Alan

      To: USAICO@yahoogroups.com
      From: gumboboy69@...
      Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 09:47:25 -0500
      Subject: Re: [USAICO] Worldwide UCI event maps

      Right - exactly the reason for my question. On other USA Cycling documentation (esp for Road and MTB) we ae grouped with Indiana and Kentucky and the North Central group.

      Obviously this impacts our region discussion greatly based our close ties with Kentucky and Indiana in the OVCX.

      Corey

      On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 9:41 AM, Dwayne Letterman <dwayneletterman@...> wrote:

      [Attachment(s) from Dwayne Letterman included below] Here is the "official" region map sent by Kelli a few weeks ago.

      Dwayne

      On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 9:34 AM, Gumbo Boy <gumboboy69@...> wrote:

      Adam et al -

      Question for the ranks here. Being from Ohio I am attempting to figure the correct region for Ohio's events. On the road and mountain region listing we are listed as North Central, but in Adam's listing of events we are in the Northeast region.

      I also realize there has been region discussions posted here with maps that differ from the USA Cycling regions I see on the website as well.

      The biggest reason for asking is that we have been in contact and working with Larry Martin (regional rep) about a possible Regional Masters Championships being hosted here in the Ohio Valley, but this confusion in geography inclusion may make those conversations mute.

      Which reigonal maps should we use for discussions along these lines?

      Corey

      On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 9:21 AM, Adam Myerson <adam@...> wrote:

      Organizers,

      You may find these maps interesting. I'll be using them in an upcoming article about the number of UCI events in a region compared with population density, geography, rider quality, and event and rider development.

      The first one shows all the events, but in cluster clouds, better representing regions that have double weekends at the same venue:

      This one is a pure head count, one pin per race, but doesn't show double weekends as effectively.

      As you zoom in, the data gets more specific.You can also isolate by event classes.

      Enjoy.

      President, Cycle-Smart, Inc.: Solutions for Cycling
      President, Verge New England Championship Cyclo-Cross Series
      Captain, Team Mountain Khakis

      Tri Cities Road Club:
      http://www.tricitiesroadclub.org
      Mud, Sweat and Gears Cyclo-cross: