1138Re: [USAICO] Worldwide UCI event maps

  • Gumbo Boy
    Jan 4, 2011
      Adam et al -

      Question for the ranks here. Being from Ohio I am attempting to figure the correct region for Ohio's events. On the road and mountain region listing we are listed as North Central, but in Adam's listing of events we are in the Northeast region.

      I also realize there has been region discussions posted here with maps that differ from the USA Cycling regions I see on the website as well.

      The biggest reason for asking is that we have been in contact and working with Larry Martin (regional rep) about a possible Regional Masters Championships being hosted here in the Ohio Valley, but this confusion in geography inclusion may make those conversations mute.

      Which reigonal maps should we use for discussions along these lines?

      Corey

      On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 9:21 AM, Adam Myerson <adam@...> wrote:

      Organizers,

      You may find these maps interesting. I'll be using them in an upcoming article about the number of UCI events in a region compared with population density, geography, rider quality, and event and rider development.

      The first one shows all the events, but in cluster clouds, better representing regions that have double weekends at the same venue:

      This one is a pure head count, one pin per race, but doesn't show double weekends as effectively.

      As you zoom in, the data gets more specific.You can also isolate by event classes.

      Enjoy.

      President, Cycle-Smart, Inc.: Solutions for Cycling
      President, Verge New England Championship Cyclo-Cross Series
      Captain, Team Mountain Khakis