1008Re: [USAICO] 2011-12 Dates

  • Dwayne Letterman
    Dec 1, 2010
      I thought Worlds would be at the end of the month? The calender that Kelli sent with the inscription notice has the Kingsport race listed on the 14th, nothing about Masters Worlds on that weekend. Louisville is only 5 hours from Kingsport, so, obviously, that will kill my race. This is a serious problem for Andrew in NC and myself. The previous weekend is Nationals. I don't see any point in having my race after Masters Worlds, since we were both counting on the momentum leading up to Worlds. Add to that I'll have go back to the City Fathers and get an answer for another date only five days before the inscriptions are due. It appears my career as a UCi event promoter may be short lived. Any suggestions?

      Dwayne

      On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 11:47 AM, joan hanscom <joanhan@...> wrote:

      Hi Dwayne,

      That is currently the date (Jan 12-15) of the Masters World Championships in Louisville.

      Cheers,

      joan

      On Dec 1, 2010, at 8:10 AM, Dwayne Letterman wrote:

      The Kingsport Cyclo-cross Cup will move to Sunday, January 15th in Kingsport, TN. The move is to try and facilitate participation in both the Kingsport race and a new race in Wilkesboro, NC, on January 14th. Wilkesboro is only 3 hours from Kingsport. Hopefully it works. I would also like to see a southern series, but looking at the UCI rules, and only three races in the south at the moment, I don't think we can get it done in time. Does anyone know if we can form a series later in then year when we see the final calender?

      Dwayne Letterman

      Tri Cities Road Club:
      http://www.tricitiesroadclub.org
      Mud, Sweat and Gears Cyclo-cross:
      http://www.msgcross.com
      Kingsport Cyclo-cross Cup
      http://kingsportuci.wordpress.com/

      Joan Hanscom

      Louisville 2013 - Event Director
      USGP of Cyclocross - Event Director
      SKYPE ME:  JoanHan16
      Mobile: 484.995.0547

      www.louisville2013

      Follow me on Twitter:  Joanhan and Louisville2013

      --
      Tri Cities Road Club:
      http://www.tricitiesroadclub.org
      Mud, Sweat and Gears Cyclo-cross: