1006Re: [USAICO] 2011-12 Dates

    Dec 1, 2010
      Can you define "Series" for us? What makes a collection of individual events a series?

      Does it require one owner of the events? Does it require a leader's jersey? What if a private 3rd party created a points standings based only on the results from those races, and required nothing from the events themselves?

      We need a strict definition from the UCI of what a "series" is.

      Adam

      On Dec 1, 2010, at 11:34 AM, Lusk, Kelli wrote:

      Hey everybody –
      Some clarification on the UCI series recognition and application:

      The maximum number of races to be applied for as a UCI series is eight (8).  A minimum has not been stated.

      All races wishing to apply for the UCI series designation must be UCI.  A series including events on the international calendar (UCI) must be all UCI-inscripted (it cannot be a combination of UCI and non-UCI events).  A series not applying for UCI status may be denied UCI approval to be included (individual events and series) on the international calendar the following year.

      I’ve been informed that series that were not UCI-recognized as a series this season cannot form a series this year, but they will be granted an exception to be on the international calendar if individual events would like to apply for event inscription.

      You may go ahead and submit your UCI series request when you submit your inscription forms.  Please include the information indicated in the promoter inscription email/instructions I sent out earlier.

      Thanks – please feel free to contact me if you have additional questions.
      -Kelli

      phone:  719.434.4285

      Follow us! Twitter   Facebook  You Tube

      <image001.jpg>