UPGS - Philadelphia Group Formation

  • c. michael eliasz
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2006

      Welcome/Witamy to the Philadelphia Polish Genealogical Society!

      • When introducing yourself posting your search list and add it to the Database (see short cut at the left in Yahoo Groups)
      • First course is to establish some resources to encourage new members and so that we can be found via search engines.
      • We should endeavor to form a meeting place and schedule to conduct local meetings and research and to plan activities which we will post to this group as well.
      • This group will be web based AND brick-and-mortar based for local members.
      • We will make an effort to align with the Polish Genealogical Societies and take part in the biennial UPGS meeting (Salt Lake City/ Family History Library - next one in 2008).

      Lets practice uncommon courtesy and help each other out with random and non random acts of genealogical kindness.

      Those wishing to help form a regular brick-and-mortar meeting please to the "Group Meeting" topic or make a posting with that as the subject.

      --michael eliasz

      Acting President - UPGS - Philadelphia