WOW 2000

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2000
      CALLED OUT INFORMATION SERVICE

      Witness Our Welcome 2000:
      God's Promise Is For You!
      an historic ecumenical gathering of Welcoming Churches and their allies in
      the U.S. and Canada
      http://www.wow2k.org/

      August 3-6, 2000
      Northern Illinois University (outside Chicago)

      Worship * Workshops * Bible Study * Performances
      Celebrations * Denominational Gatherings * Youth Program

      Speakers/Leaders to include:
      Steve Charleston- Michael Kinnamon- Janie Spahr-
      Jimmy Creech- Eric H.F. Law- Susan Brooks- Thistlethwaite
      Chris Glaser- Virginia Ramey Mollenkott- Mel White-
      Carter Heyward- Melanie May- Walter Wink-
      Mary E. Hunt- Melanie Morrison-
      Grace Imanthiu- Jeanne Audrey Powers

      Our Mission:

      We will gather as members and friends of the Welcoming Church Movement
      to worship, study and play.

      We will gather in our human diversity to celebrate God's love
      for people of all sexual orientations.

      We will gather to experience the presence of Jesus Christ
      and participate in the Spirit's work to transform church and society.

      For more information on this gala event, or
      to find out how you can support WOW2000, contact:
      WOW2000
      5250 N. Broadway, PMB#111
      Chicago, IL 60640
      1-800-318-5581
      Email Us: Markleby@...

      Sponsored By:
      Affirming Congregation Programme (United Church of Canada)
      Association of Welcoming and Affirming Baptists (American Baptist)
      More Light Presbyterians
      Open & Affirming Ministries (Disciples of Christ)
      Open and Affirming Program (United Church of Christ)
      Reconciling in Christ Program (Lutheran)
      Reconciling Congregation Program (United Methodist)
      Supportive Congregations Network (Brethren/Mennonite)

      Major Funding Provided By:
      Broadway United Church of Christ (New York)
      E. Rhodes and Leona B. Carpenter Foundation
      First United Church of Oak Park (Illinois)